Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
I got the same email this weekend with the free shipping code as well, so I ordered my 3.5" ARB long travel setup. The only problem I have and not sure if this the norm but they called me and told me do to the free shipping its gonna be 3-4 weeks. Is this a common occurrence, it's my first dealings with Metal Cloak.
I placed two orders and was too two lead times. One 4-6 and one 5-7 weeks. Got shipping confirmation today for both products with ETA of May 11th. Seems they're being a little conservative with the estimates and pushing things out as quickly as possible. Typical under promise and over deliver.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

The listed arm lengths should only be used as a baseline. Mc actually States this in their instructions.

Set lowers to listed lengths 23 1/8 to 23 1/4
Support jack under pinion and adjust uppers to fit the mounts (bolts slide through easily)
Measure pinion (+ 2°). If happy torque everything down.
Same with the rear.
Set lowers to listed lengths (20 1/4?)
Hold pinion 2-3° below drive shaft angle. Adjust out uppers so bolts slide through easily.
Remeasure pinion angle and it's happy start torquing.
This is how I set up mine. No handling issues, tracks strait and the front coils are straight up-and-down.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The listed arm lengths should only be used as a baseline. Mc actually States this in their instructions.

Set lowers to listed lengths 23 1/8 to 23 1/4
Support jack under pinion and adjust uppers to fit the mounts (bolts slide through easily)
Measure pinion (+ 2°). If happy torque everything down.
Same with the rear.
Set lowers to listed lengths (20 1/4?)
Hold pinion 2-3° below drive shaft angle. Adjust out uppers so bolts slide through easily.
Remeasure pinion angle and it's happy start torquing.
This is how I set up mine. No handling issues, tracks strait and the front coils are straight up-and-down.
I figured out what I did actually.

I ordered adjustable lowers instead of adjustable uppers, so when I read the instructions they're the same as stock, but the uppers get adjusted. I didn't adjust either since I just read the lower measurement and installed it so I'm basically on stock length arms right now.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Metalcloaks customer service was very helpful btw, definitely a plus
Old 05-05-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mwtrent
I placed two orders and was too two lead times. One 4-6 and one 5-7 weeks. Got shipping confirmation today for both products with ETA of May 11th. Seems they're being a little conservative with the estimates and pushing things out as quickly as possible. Typical under promise and over deliver.
Ok thanks. I guess we'll see what happens, I just didn't want to order my wheels and tires and have them sitting in the garage taking up space for a month while I wait for the kit.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
Ok thanks. I guess we'll see what happens, I just didn't want to order my wheels and tires and have them sitting in the garage taking up space for a month while I wait for the kit.
PM me before you order it
Old 05-06-2015, 12:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Lol. It's not that bad. But hey gotta do what you gotta do.
I don't have the patience to mess with installing stuff. There is a 100% chance I would break something. I don't find any satisfaction in putting stuff together. I've tried installing stuff on other Jeeps and it always seems like I don't have the right tool. I'm also getting C-gussets and Synergy ball joints installed. Plus I like to stimulate the economy.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DallasJKU

I don't have the patience to mess with installing stuff. There is a 100% chance I would break something. I don't find any satisfaction in putting stuff together. I've tried installing stuff on other Jeeps and it always seems like I don't have the right tool. I'm also getting C-gussets and Synergy ball joints installed. Plus I like to stimulate the economy.
I like to stimulate myself. Lol. I hear you man. As long as it's installed and you like it and show pics after. Your going to enjoy it
Old 05-06-2015, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I like to stimulate myself. Lol. I hear you man. As long as it's installed and you like it and show pics after. Your going to enjoy it
I know and trust my installer to dial everything in perfectly. I'm impatiently waiting for Monday to get the process started.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

I dont trust anybody to touch my jeep. Only if i dont have choice.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread