Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnabird333
sorry to change the subject, but can someone with a MC drag link make the following measurement for me please? Also I need to know the bar diameter. (or if you measure to the back of the bar it will not matter.) I need to know what the offset is.
Attachment 608452
bump, bump
Never mind. I called MC and Eric gave me enough dimensional information to draw it in CAD and figure it out.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Metalcloak stopped by at 4WP here in Bossier City, LA today with their CTI. Put her on and got some details. Could cut about an 1" off my rear bumps, need longer brakelines and abs lines, need metalcloak front lower shock mounts to move my fox shocks out so they aren't hitting the frame, and my RK springs pop out, thinking of switching to metalcloak anyways which will fix that issue. Overall I was impressed and surprised it did so well scored at 740
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150428_175949.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	608582   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150428_175958.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	608583   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150428_180011.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	608584  
Old 04-28-2015, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Metalcloak stopped by at 4WP here in Bossier City, LA today with their CTI. Put her on and got some details. Could cut about an 1" off my rear bumps, need longer brakelines and abs lines, need metalcloak front lower shock mounts to move my fox shocks out so they aren't hitting the frame, and my RK springs pop out, thinking of switching to metalcloak anyways which will fix that issue. Overall I was impressed and surprised it did so well scored at 740
Oh yeah, you left way too much on the table! Looks good man.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 PM
JK Junkie

Never mind. I called MC and Eric gave me enough dimensional information to draw it in CAD and figure it out.
If you're going that far, why not get a custom one made how you want it?

In fact, can you draw up my track bar for me?! Beats bending some brake line and sending it in. Oh, and maybe draw up my fuel cell too

Last edited by Invest2m4; 04-28-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If you're going that far, why not get a custom one made how you want it?

In fact, can you draw up my track bar for me?! Beats bending some brake line and sending it in. Oh, and maybe draw up my fuel cell too
LOL! I actually am going the path of making my own. I have some drag-link to hydraulic ram interference at full driver lock and stuff. I could move the ram back at the axle bracket side but don't really want to make any more off parallel to the track bar. I have this issue because I do not run a track bar raise or drag link flip. This combination makes fitment of hydro assist tricky. The bottom line is I need the drag link about 1/2" further forward than it is. I had hoped to use a MC D-link and replace the pitman arm end with an offset joint, but I couldn't find the correct thread and the offset joints don't have sufficient misalignment.

I will happily give you CAD when I'm done, but you're on your own with the fuel cell

This is my home-made bracket and source of my issue...
Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Junkie

LOL! I actually am going the path of making my own. I have some drag-link to hydraulic ram interference at full driver lock and stuff. I could move the ram back at the axle bracket side but don't really want to make any more off parallel to the track bar. I have this issue because I do not run a track bar raise or drag link flip. This combination makes fitment of hydro assist tricky. The bottom line is I need the drag link about 1/2" further forward than it is. I had hoped to use a MC D-link and replace the pitman arm end with an offset joint, but I couldn't find the correct thread and the offset joints don't have sufficient misalignment. I will happily give you CAD when I'm done, but you're on your own with the fuel cell This is my home-made bracket and source of my issue...
Nice. Check out bullet proof steering. Bad a## stuff and any bends you want. That's what I'm using on my build. Call them before you make assumptions about heims. Totally different level.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

Oh yeah, you left way too much on the table! Looks good man.
Thanks. I'm going to get it all fixed. Need to figure out how to extend the ABS lines though. My shocks are bottomed out at full stuff in the front, well maybe 1/8" left I'm shaft. Got alot in rear I can take advantage of but when I get new tires it will be just right.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I called Northridge 4x4 today and they are no longer carrying Metalcloak lifts, anyone know of other that sell them. I'd like to save on shipping cost.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tae73
Well I called Northridge 4x4 today and they are no longer carrying Metalcloak lifts, anyone know of other that sell them. I'd like to save on shipping cost.
They give you any reason why they weren't?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tae73

That's weird since I just bought one from there two weeks ago. Then again I don't have all of it yet.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread