Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Right now it just the center, light bar and 0 off set winch. But going with 60in light caps and full stinger.
Nice! Post pics when it's done.

How long did they take to ship it to you after you ordered? I emailed them a couple times in the last few weeks and apparently they don't respond to email...

I'm thinking of going with the 46" crawler caps and bull bar. Don't know which winch setup to get. Probably going to get a Warn 9.5 or Zeon.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ About 2 weeks. Bases just got out of welding and has to be powder coated. I called in my ordered too.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my 3.5" springs, front track bar, front upper control arms, and brake lines yesterday. Took about 3weeks before they were shipped. 4 weeks to get everything. Getting it put on at the end of the week.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FresnoJK
Flexing the 2.5 on the trail last weekend.
Nice!! I'm convinced that with my AEV 2.5 suspension, I think all I'll need are the MC control arms to finish it off. LCG build with good flex. Keep the factory RSB. Maybe change the FSB.

Time to place the order....
Old 08-14-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1

Nice!! I'm convinced that with my AEV 2.5 suspension, I think all I'll need are the MC control arms to finish it off. LCG build with good flex. Keep the factory RSB. Maybe change the FSB.

Time to place the order....
Your rig would be awesome with that combo.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AC/DC
^ About 2 weeks. Bases just got out of welding and has to be powder coated. I called in my ordered too.
That's good to hear, pretty quick ship times. Probably ship quick because the bumper is completely modular so they can make all the parts in advance.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

I received my gold standard mc lift (with rancho rs9000xl shocks) two weeks ago and installed it last saturday on my 2012 jku sport. I ordered it just before the forth of july so it took about a month to get.

nice parts, HORRIBLE DIRECTIONS! I consider myself a fairly handy guy, all the tools you could want, lift, etc and honestly I scratched my head several times while putting things together. In fact, the directions, which are only for the 3.5" lift and only online (you get a packet of directions with the kit which tells you to go online to get the directions?). In my case, the gold standard comes with only front brake lines and a relo kit for the rear. Thats great until you follow the truly sad directions which clearly tells you to install the new brake lines in the rear. Took a bit of looking through various forums and the internet to figure out the directions were wrong...plus the fact that the front lines were nearly tight when sitting level.

By myself, the install took me from 11am to 9:30pm and a couple of hours the next day to redo the brake lines and tighten everything down...not too bad.

Like I said, nice parts, happy with everything so far, no steering issues, nice ride, etc. Metalcloak: please spend a couple of hours and write up some complete accurate directions for your great suspension products.

As far as the ride, it is very good. Better than stock? hard to say, but dang good. Definitely not harsh at all. I am still dialing in the air pressure on my 33 duratracs (currently 32psi) so we will see if the ride improves if i drop down near 28 psi.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pix!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-17-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am about two months away from overland fenders and the dual-rate lift with OME shocks. Some of the cheaper lifts from other companies require/recommend an exhaust extension for '12 JK's but MC's kit doesn't include one or mention the need for one. Has anyone had exhaust clearance issues?
Old 08-17-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cgflyer
I am about two months away from overland fenders and the dual-rate lift with OME shocks. Some of the cheaper lifts from other companies require/recommend an exhaust extension for '12 JK's but MC's kit doesn't include one or mention the need for one. Has anyone had exhaust clearance issues?
You definitely need to address the exhaust on lifts 3" and above. It will contact the drive shaft at full drop. You probably won't have an issue at 2.5".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread