Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
I installed the nemesis brackets on mine - they work perfect. I'm sure the MC ones do as well. What's the specific issue with the links? I didn't install mine as I had JKS already but I hadn't heard any issues regarding the links. I don't have any bowing of the springs BTW - at least not enough for me to notice.
I read the links push the sway bar past 0*, but I also read it doesn't matter.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Yep, mis alignment of the perches caused bowed coils, its not the manufacturer and will happen with any lift if you don't want to take the time or money to correctly line stuff up. The rotation of the axle can also causes issues with track bars, bump stops, and shock clearances.
What's the correct way to line stuff up to prevent spring bow??
Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
What's the correct way to line stuff up to prevent spring bow??
You have options. You can rotate the axle forward enough to straighten the springs but this is limited by your drive shaft angle, and the other components attached to your axle like the track bar. You can add coil correction wedges and spring retainers or weld on new spring perches in the new proper location.

sent from my work leash
Old 04-13-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattgt5
You have options. You can rotate the axle forward enough to straighten the springs but this is limited by your drive shaft angle, and the other components attached to your axle like the track bar. You can add coil correction wedges and spring retainers or weld on new spring perches in the new proper location. sent from my work leash
Well, I will have MC trackbars and rear CA's. Is that enough to rotate axle?? MC said with 2.5" I won't have any spring bowing.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
Well, I will have MC trackbars and rear CA's. Is that enough to rotate axle?? MC said with 2.5" I won't have any spring bowing.
I wouldn't expect you to have much. If you have an aftermarket drive shaft you can handle better angles, but at 2.5" I'm a little surprised you are bowing. Are the tops of the coils seated properly?

sent from my work leash
Old 04-13-2015, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I wouldn't expect you to have much. If you have an aftermarket drive shaft you can handle better angles, but at 2.5" I'm a little surprised you are bowing. Are the tops of the coils seated properly? sent from my work leash
I haven't installed it, but I would like to have all parts necessary to fix the problem the first time.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi

I'm putting wedges and retainers on my synergy 3" could because I got about 4" out of them and they bowed a little. They are cheap fix until I just have some new perches welded on. I ran some wedges on a 4" kit I had before, but never needed on a 2.5". I didn't have to run them on my 3.5" game changer either but I had aftermarket drive shafts to help with the pinion angle.

sent from my work leash
Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm running the 2.5" and got closer to 3.25" in the rear with the oversized spare and metal bumper. I am running the stock drive shaft and the pinion is set correctly. I have no discernible bow at ride height.

Additionally, my front links are longer than I expected but have not had any issues even at full stuff while connected. Running 2" of bump.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Out of curiosity how much lower is the front upper mount for the six packs than the stock mounting point? Looks like it only drops the upper mount maybe an inch?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone running the 3.5 GC ARB with EVO Rockstar skids in the rear? I'm thinking about going this route and need to flex it out and measure but curious if anyone else is running them and what there specs are ie tire size, bump stops etc.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread