Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Like Mertz said. Cut off the old perches,rotate them back to the top of the axle, and weld them back on. If welding is not something you can do JKS makes a new coil perch that bolts on and is adjustable.
ah that should not be a problem. should i expect a better ride after or about the same?
Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I would expect about the same ride quality.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
A couple of different conversations here. With regards to my front passenger spring... the lowers are the same length, the axle is squared/centered, caster is 4.5° , springs are seated appropriately top and bottom -can I assume at this point that a replacement spring is necessary? If so, do both fronts need to be replaced as a set (between 9-10K miles since install)?
Did you call Metalcloak about it or send them pictures? It might just be a faulty spring. I've got about the same amount of miles on my lift with zero problems. The only other thing I could think of is somehow you twisted the axle tube, but the pictures didn't look like that.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
Did you call Metalcloak about it or send them pictures? It might just be a faulty spring. I've got about the same amount of miles on my lift with zero problems. The only other thing I could think of is somehow you twisted the axle tube, but the pictures didn't look like that.
Spoke with Will at MC today. New fronts will be sent out on Monday.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same lift, my rear coils looks identical. I did install the RK wedges and are almost perfect. I would say it's the fix for all but "extreme situations. If the coils were to pop out, the wedge would as well. Install coil retainers, and u should be ok. I haven't had any problems
Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I have a JKU with the Gamechanger ARB edition, except with 3" EVO plush coils. A few questions I have:

1. Sector Shaft braces with the Metal Cloak front track bar, what is compatible? Rock Solid performance closed its doors and are no longer selling this item, what are my options?

2. I'm definitely satisfied with my JK's ride, but I do feel the steering is a bit sloppy. In conjunction with bumps in the road, the steering wheel shifts when it hits bumps. By definition that would be bump steer. What needs to be adjusted? Upgraded?

LIke mentioned above, it's a complete game changer lift, all 8 adjustable arms, front & rear MC track bar, OME shocks, on 35's, etc. I'm not afraid to add more upgrades to tighten up the front end, I just want to hear from experience what will make a difference.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vitodivita
Hi everyone,

I have a JKU with the Gamechanger ARB edition, except with 3" EVO plush coils. A few questions I have:

1. Sector Shaft braces with the Metal Cloak front track bar, what is compatible? Rock Solid performance closed its doors and are no longer selling this item, what are my options?

2. I'm definitely satisfied with my JK's ride, but I do feel the steering is a bit sloppy. In conjunction with bumps in the road, the steering wheel shifts when it hits bumps. By definition that would be bump steer. What needs to be adjusted? Upgraded?

LIke mentioned above, it's a complete game changer lift, all 8 adjustable arms, front & rear MC track bar, OME shocks, on 35's, etc. I'm not afraid to add more upgrades to tighten up the front end, I just want to hear from experience what will make a difference.
I am also running the EVO 3" Plush coils, so we are probably sitting around the same height. My Jeep drove great, but I felt that the steering response and sensitivity could be improved so I added the Synergy Drag Link Flip Kit. Adding that really improved my steering, I didn't have flighty steering, the steering just felt a little heavy and needed lots of minor corrections , and corning felt a tiny bit top heavy. Both of these feelings went away after the drag link flip kit, it's recommended for 3" and higher lifts, but not necessary.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vitodivita

I think Synergy is the only one that makes sector shaft braces now. I don't know of anyone with a MC lift that has one. The sloppy steering could either be your caster is set wrong, or the stock drag link just isn't cutting it any more. I bent my drag link a couple of months ago and replaced it with a Synergy one. I can't say how much better than stock it is because I drove on a bent DL for a week, but it did drove a lot better.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

I'm still running a synergy sector shaft brace with a metal cloak track bar, metal cloak springs and control arms with no issues.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Your bump steer is likely cause by the tracbar and draglink not being parallel to each other and the geometry being off. From what I have always heard the EVO coils give more then 3" so you night consider a draglink flip kit as mentioned.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread