Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIROGecko
I installed the 2.5 ARB Dual Rate plus the adj Upper Rear Control Arms on my 2 dr JKR this weekend. The directions leave a lot to be desired in my opinion especially as it relates to setting up the control arms. My front uppers are set too long at the moment so my caster is off. That will get changed this weekend.

After struggling through the front suspension on Saturday, I found this website Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » TeraFlex Jeep JK Wrangler 4″ Flex Arm Lift Installation Write-Up. The rear went so much better because of it.

Also, there was no mention of what to do with the front brake lines. Had to google that as well to see people routing behind the shocks. But, overall I like the quality of the parts. Can't wait to fix my caster as the steering is quite flighty at the moment.

My wife and I installed the MC 2.5 G-C ARB on our '14 JKUR this weekend along with Nemesis Front Shock Relocation brackets. This is my first jeep and first lift. I found the directions to be more than adequate.

EDIT: Of course I had already done lots of research on the web prior to the purchase and install.

Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 09-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
My wife and I installed the MC 2.5 G-C ARB on our '14 JKUR this weekend along with Nemesis Front Shock Relocation brackets. This is my first jeep and first lift. I found the directions to be more than adequate.

EDIT: Of course I had already done lots of research on the web prior to the purchase and install.
Honestly part of the issue is that I was relying on my best friend to know more than he did. He's always worked on his own cars. Operative word cars. Trans Am. 76 Merc. Eclipse.

He didn't know much about setting up a Jeep. Not his fault. Mine.

I should have committed more of the installation process to memory. But, I still believe the directions could be greatly improved especially when they don't even print them.

Last edited by GIROGecko; 09-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post 3.5" Game Changer ARB

Lift is on and tested. So far so good. Instructions need updated, but was a fairly easy install. A few things that could have went better. No instructions included, Missing hardware, No mention of replacing front brake lines or routing behind shocks , Rear bump stops are not what is pictured or talked about in instructions, Controll arms that were claimed to be preset for 3.5' were not set or even the same side to side.
Once lift was on and alignment done it was time to test. This lift gave me 4.5". the ride is pretty rough but the handling is awesome. Wash boards will rattle your fillings out. The flex is great, and overall im very pleased. [Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0073.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	574321ATTACH=CONFIG]574321[/ATTACH]
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben Todd
Lift is on and tested. So far so good. Instructions need updated, but was a fairly easy install. A few things that could have went better. No instructions included, Missing hardware, No mention of replacing front brake lines or routing behind shocks , Rear bump stops are not what is pictured or talked about in instructions, Controll arms that were claimed to be preset for 3.5' were not set or even the same side to side.
Once lift was on and alignment done it was time to test. This lift gave me 4.5". the ride is pretty rough but the handling is awesome. Wash boards will rattle your fillings out. The flex is great, and overall im very pleased. [Attachment 574321ATTACH=CONFIG]574321[/ATTACH]
And one more thing I will bitch about: The sweatshirt I was promised with the lift never did show up! OK im done complaining. Now im going to use and abuse.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

the ride is pretty rough but the handling is awesome. Wash boards will rattle your fillings out.
Are you sure you bought the OME shocks? They're one of the best riding shocks out there.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meep97
Are you sure you bought the OME shocks? They're one of the best riding shocks out there.
Yes I have the OME shocks. I ran them on my last Rubicon with a Rubicon Express lift and loved them.. These are stiff, maybe they will soften up with more miles.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once lift was on and alignment done it was time to test. This lift gave me 4.5". the ride is pretty rough but the handling is awesome. Wash boards will rattle your fillings out. The flex is great, and overall im very pleased. [Attachment 574321ATTACH=CONFIG]574321[/ATTACH]
My ride is very stiff as well. Will be interesting to see what it feels like when I mount my rear bumper and tire carrier and the spare.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been reading the Nitrocharger Sport are both stiff and soft so I've been on the fence about them. I know the original Nitrocharger non-sport models with the yellow shaft guards were soft but they're discontinued IIRC. Probably going to give Rancho 9000XL a go with my 2.5" MC coils for the adjustability and can't beat the Shocktober sale.

Here' a thread on the Sport model. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ol...views-1183383/

Last edited by TRAUMAhead; 09-04-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Compared to stock 2014 JKUR ride, my 2.5 G-C ARB is soft as hell. In fact I wish that is was firmer.
EDIT: I may be crazy though... IDK.

Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 09-04-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much air in the tires maybe? How much psi are you running?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread