Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodi

The only other noise that concerned me was a popping at an assumed full flex on the trail - I figured this was the coil seating itself in the base.
I have a popping, which sounds like it is coming from up front. I have not had much time to dial things in yet, but if you find your cause I would be interested to hear. I did get the rear passenger spring seated up top better this weekend, but I don't think that was causing any issues.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have a popping noise i believe in my drivers side, im going to loosen everything shake the hell out of the jeep and hopefully get rid of what ever is binding up. It only happens when taking turns.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
I also have a popping noise i believe in my drivers side, im going to loosen everything shake the hell out of the jeep and hopefully get rid of what ever is binding up. It only happens when taking turns.
Not sure how it would be the lift itself? Properly installed, there's not much that could make a popping noise. Did you torque the crap out of the jam nuts on the control arms? If not, they could move in and out. Also could be improper seating of a coil. Front coil position is obvious, but for rears, the end of the spring at the bottom should be pointing toward the rear of the Jeep.

Also, I once had a sway bar link bolt hitting my frame after a lift install. Check that bolts aren't hitting things and are pointing the correct direction.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by K9wells
Turns? Check the track bar bolts.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Not sure how it would be the lift itself? Properly installed, there's not much that could make a popping noise. Did you torque the crap out of the jam nuts on the control arms? If not, they could move in and out. Also could be improper seating of a coil. Front coil position is obvious, but for rears, the end of the spring at the bottom should be pointing toward the rear of the Jeep. Also, I once had a sway bar link bolt hitting my frame after a lift install. Check that bolts aren't hitting things and are pointing the correct direction.
Okay i think the end of the spring on the drivers rear is actually pointed to the passanger side, I will have to try this out. Along with all my torque settings.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BatJeep09
Metal cloak has shown great patience and customer service to me before my order was made and after. As for the products, I purchased them for the value and technology they use. I would recommend contacting them directly with any problems before bashing. Jnabird333 has it right, MC seems to be committed to excellence IMO.
I decided to cancel my order and they gave me a full refund. Incredible customer service!! I will buy products from them in the future. I'm expanding my business and decided the MC ARB was way more than I was needing. My AEV will suit my needs for awhile longer. Thanks MC for taking care of me!!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 36Fan
Turns? Check the track bar bolts.
It was the rear drivers side track bar bolt
Old 04-04-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found the top ends of my swaybar links weren't tight. Tightened them down and that noise is gone.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be installing the 2.5 arb system in the next following weekend in my driveway.
Question : how tall should my jack stands be? What have u used to mount them on to to gain extra height?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monster696
Will be installing the 2.5 arb system in the next following weekend in my driveway. Question : how tall should my jack stands be? What have u used to mount them on to to gain extra height?
Harbor Freight 6 ton stands work awesome. Plenty of height and only $40 right now.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread