Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to point out that MC reached out to me to see if they could help with my issue. I explained the the handling issue I was having and what corrected it. While they didn't have an immediate answer, I think it speaks volumes about their dedication to making quality products that work well.

I didn't post my issue to slam MC, I only shared because I thought it might help others. I have received a few PMs from people that think they have a similar issue and wanted more details. My opinion is that at least two of the people that contacted me have something else going on. I encouraged them and anyone else having ANY issue with their MC product to contact them directly. They are more than willing to help.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics from my month long upgrade. Went from Teraflex 2.5 to the Game Changer 3.5. 35" to 37" Toyos. Mopar off road bumpers to LOD front and rears. Synergy tie rod and draglink flip with trackbar relocation. Fox ATS stabilizer. No flex shots yet. Soon though.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2884559723.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	540945

Name:	image-2268531285.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	540946

Name:	image-2496959244.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	540947

Name:	image-2351815265.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	540948

Name:	image-120001168.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	540949
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Metal cloak has shown great patience and customer service to me before my order was made and after. As for the products, I purchased them for the value and technology they use. I would recommend contacting them directly with any problems before bashing. Jnabird333 has it right, MC seems to be committed to excellence IMO.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Zroe that looks great
Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I wanted to point out that MC reached out to me to see if they could help with my issue. I explained the the handling issue I was having and what corrected it. While they didn't have an immediate answer, I think it speaks volumes about their dedication to making quality products that work well.

I didn't post my issue to slam MC, I only shared because I thought it might help others. I have received a few PMs from people that think they have a similar issue and wanted more details. My opinion is that at least two of the people that contacted me have something else going on. I encouraged them and anyone else having ANY issue with their MC product to contact them directly. They are more than willing to help.

I'm thinking that I might be experiencing the same "issue" as you had. It's not terrible, but I can definitely feel a bit of uneasiness in the rear. At first I thought it was loose track bar bolts, but they are tightened to spec. What you mentioned about lowering the axle side track bar mount sounds like it might be the fix. I also have an issue with the driveshaft hitting the gas tank. I believe that the arc is exaggerated by the high axle side track bar mount maybe? What i've been thinking about doing is getting a CRC link from Full Traction. They are rather expensive, but I like how it removes the side to side shift when the axle moves up and down. Not sure if it'll limit the flex at all though.

In any case, thanks for the info. It just never ends when it comes to these Jeeps.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Recharge
I'm thinking that I might be experiencing the same "issue" as you had. It's not terrible, but I can definitely feel a bit of uneasiness in the rear. At first I thought it was loose track bar bolts, but they are tightened to spec. What you mentioned about lowering the axle side track bar mount sounds like it might be the fix. I also have an issue with the driveshaft hitting the gas tank. I believe that the arc is exaggerated by the high axle side track bar mount maybe? What i've been thinking about doing is getting a CRC link from Full Traction. They are rather expensive, but I like how it removes the side to side shift when the axle moves up and down. Not sure if it'll limit the flex at all though.

In any case, thanks for the info. It just never ends when it comes to these Jeeps.
I know MC is developing a 2.5" bracket. They asked me if I would be willing to test it to see if it helped but I am unable to do so now that I have cut part of the stock bracket off to use the EVO one. You might want to give them a call. Ask for Doug and say Jay Swank sent you...
Old 03-27-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Recharge

I have the issue in the rear. I'm working with them to identify what the cause is. It definitely appears to be unique to certain vehicles, and very few. I'll know a lot by the end of the weekend. To be clear, I do not think it is a design issue, but something that seems to play out on select vehicle builds. There are so many variables and these manufacturers can only do so much to make products work in every conceivable scenario. There will always be some outliers who need a couple extra adjustments.

I'll add that MC has literally blown me away with their customer service, and that's an area where I have unrealistic expectations. The lift, fenders, etc weren't cheap, but there is far more value than just the parts.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I have the issue in the rear. I'm working with them to identify what the cause is. It definitely appears to be unique to certain vehicles, and very few. I'll know a lot by the end of the weekend. To be clear, I do not think it is a design issue, but something that seems to play out on select vehicle builds. There are so many variables and these manufacturers can only do so much to make products work in every conceivable scenario. There will always be some outliers who need a couple extra adjustments.

I'll add that MC has literally blown me away with their customer service, and that's an area where I have unrealistic expectations. The lift, fenders, etc weren't cheap, but there is far more value than just the parts.
For sure. No build is exactly the same and I don't really think it's a design flaw, just more of how my jeep handles with it's current setup. My setup is a 2.5" game changer ARB on a 2013 JKUR. Up front I've got the metal cloak tie rod and drag link. No drag link flip and the track bar is in the stock location using the Artec track bar mount. Using 315/70/17 Duratracs on stock Rubi wheels with 1.5" spacers.

I totally love my MC lift (and other parts) and they have been great at getting back to me when I ask silly questions.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

What the word on squeaking? I have not had much time with mine, 2.5", front LCA's, front track bar, rear bracket, OME shocks, but have played around a little disconnected and it definetly seems to squeak more while flexing around compared to stock. Same for everyone? I might loosen everything up, and re-torque to see if it makes a difference. I know the rear coils are bowed quite a bit, and the rear passenger does not want to seat great at the top. The basic correction wedges best (easiest) option for this? Or do not worry about it?

Another question, I have done some flexing on rocks on my property to try and check clearances, bumps, etc, but it is not very scientific. Is there a more controlled way to flex everything out to check these things?

Can't wait for the summer wheeling season to get going!

Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by idiotec
What the word on squeaking? I have not had much time with mine, 2.5", front LCA's, front track bar, rear bracket, OME shocks, but have played around a little disconnected and it definetly seems to squeak more while flexing around compared to stock. Same for everyone? I might loosen everything up, and re-torque to see if it makes a difference. I know the rear coils are bowed quite a bit, and the rear passenger does not want to seat great at the top. The basic correction wedges best (easiest) option for this? Or do not worry about it?

Another question, I have done some flexing on rocks on my property to try and check clearances, bumps, etc, but it is not very scientific. Is there a more controlled way to flex everything out to check these things?

Can't wait for the summer wheeling season to get going!

Thanks
For me it was the control arm bushings that needed grease when flex squeaking.... Mind you I run Teraflex LCA's

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread