Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak or synergy springs

Old 10-24-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Metalcloak or synergy springs

I'm replacing my 2 1/2" teraflex springs (plus 1" spacer). After reading a lot of threads, I've come down to using Metalcloak arms (8) but haven't decide on their 3 1/2" springs or run synergy's 4" spring. Everyone claims the Metalcloak system rides great on/off the trail, same with the Synergy system. 3 1/2" is the size I want but can live with 4" since I plan to replace the drive shafts eventually. The question then comes down to the dual rate springs or progressive springs. Currently, the wife hates the ride with the teraflex and Bilstein 5100 shocks (front) and Rancho 4000's (rear). It seems that the progressive springs would give a smoother ride for my DD since the metalcloak springs have one section of the spring collapsed during normal driving. Am I wrong in my thinking here?

by the way, I run Synergy's rear shock relocation brackets (top and bottom) as well as their rear trackbar bracket with a JKS rear trackbar.

Thanks for any responses.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MC. You won't be disappointed. This is my sixth lifted jk and the difference in on road ride is unbelievable.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RK is soon to release a 2.5" triple rate fwiw

Bilstiens are rough riding shocks IMO
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

I think you'd be happy with either of the above but REPLACE THE SHOCKS AT THE SAME TIME. Your shocks have more to do with the ride than you'd imagine. Both the Metal Cloak and Synergy coils ride very nice and controlled on the road and will extend plenty on the trail to keep them seated.

You might add Rock Krawler to your list as well. Their new Triple Rate 3.5 front and rear coils hit the warehouse today. I have no complaints on my 3.5 RK coils (JKU) that are progressive up front and linear in the back but I'm excited to try out the new springs.

Marcus
Old 10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great, I finally get it down to 2 items, and now it's back up to 3
Old 11-21-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

pcmasten, did you ever decide on which coils to get?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak or synergy springs