Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MetalCloak Steering Stabilizer Mount

Old 06-14-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MetalCloak Steering Stabilizer Mount

So I bought the HD Tie Rod that Metal Cloak makes and was extremely impressed by the beefyness of it. Its solid as hell. The mount that comes with the Tie Rod on the other hand leaves much to be desired by the look of it. I was going to look for some stronger U Bolts but couldn't because of the size rod and mount width.

I ended up installing it today on the Jeep and while I was torquing it down, the Nut and Bolt snapped right off. I wasn't even torquing it down that much. So needless to say, I'm disappointed with the product.

What I'm trying to find out... is what other people who have the Metal Cloak Tie Rod have done in its place. Do other stabilizer mounts work on the Metal Cloak Tie Rod?? Did you install the one that comes with the Tie Rod... how is it holding up for you? I'll be calling Metal Cloak either way tomorrow to try and solve this issue but want to know if its even worth it to have another u bolt and nut sent out. Anyone?

Quick Reply: MetalCloak Steering Stabilizer Mount