Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak gamechanger Q/A

Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine

I don't see anything in your sig, but I am using a phone app at this time. I will look in your profile to see if I can find your videos.
Here's the link for phone users - http://www.youtube.com/user/megalifted/videos I just put the kit on a few months ago and haven't wheeled but a couple times. We're going to Moab in two weeks so hopefully will get a lot more.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had mine a few months and taken it offroad a handful of times. Still rides smooth as can be on the ride.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

What size tires are you running and how many bump stop "pucks" in the front?

I'm running 37s with 2 "pucks" in the front and Bushwacker fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2341678763.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	432011

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3920083723.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	432012
Old 03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Cool

I'm running the full set of Metal Cloak control arms, Teraflex 3" springs & Bilstien 5100's Love the control arms flex like crazy with a kind ride on washboard roads. My JK is a bit on the portly side so I could use a set of fancy bumpstops to ease the bottoming issue. At some point I hope to have the Metal Cloak shocks & springs. I don't see a need to go coil overs with the flex I get with the Metal Cloak control arms
I also have EVO 14" sway bar links and use a Rubi Edisco sway bar converted to manual. It' nice to not have to manually disconnect and yet still get the full flex
All in all I'm a happy camper

Last edited by 69mach1; 03-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
I pretty much have the same setup. I just have the OME long travel shocks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

when my teraflex joints bite it i will be replacing them with the duroflex joints from MC - they look like amazing products.

I have their 3.5" coils and they are great - these are definitely never coming unseated.

The shocks look great and are a very good concept but the travel is still under 12" I believe and my Teraflex 9550s are right around 11" - about an inch more of travel but $420 for each shock, plus shipping, plus the mounts - thats about 2k in shocks for an inch more of travel - personally not worth it for me.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Over 30k miles on my MC lite lift except with Bilsteins 5100's with no issues. I recently inspected and lubed all joints and they all look new still. Great ride on road and great flex off road.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

We have the gamechanger on one of our rigs. took it out to the hammers and ran Aftershock. It does very well.

Most importantly it handles as close to stock on the asphalt as I have seen. The dualrate springs help a lot I think. We to looked at many kits when considering a lift for this JK and it came down to the metalcloak or the EVO coilovers.

My other JK has a Teraflex long arm kit which I like a lot but the long arms do make you a bit more prone to hang up on the control arm mounts simply because of the forward location.

I would suggest you pack a bag and head out to EJS this year. We would be more than happy to invite you to take ours for a spin.

Of course whichever kit you choose Epic-addictions.com would be certainly be glad to supply it (sorry had to throw that in there). Seriously I think you will be very happy with the gamechanger, please let me know if you need any assistance!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by lkjk
The shocks look great and are a very good concept but the travel is still under 12" I believe and my Teraflex 9550s are right around 11" - about an inch more of travel but $420 for each shock, plus shipping, plus the mounts - thats about 2k in shocks for an inch more of travel - personally not worth it for me.
Travel on the six pack shocks is 12 and 14 inches. Each shock also has 2 remote reservoir's on each pack. While the 9550's are great shocks for the JK they are in a different class than the 6 pack.

It's hard to compare the value on these things. They aren't a coilover but in the same sense aren't a standard shock either....
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They even offer a 16" travel shock now too.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quick Reply: Metalcloak gamechanger Q/A