Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak gamechanger Q/A

Old 03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak gamechanger Q/A

As many of you may or may not know I have ordered a 2013 jeep rubicon unlimited as I am missing wheeling more than imagined after selling my last rig (2007 jkur).

Like many of you I enjoy wrenching on them as much as wheeling. I am not a believer in high lifts (low CG is good) and I will be daily driving this rig due to this I am not willing to sacrifice ride quality or off-road ability.

The question I ask myself as many of you have also done is "what is the best kit out there". At first I wanted coil overs and looked at multiple companies (rebel, offroad evolution, RK, etc) and didn't like the rear setups on any of them and found them very expensive, and lets face it I am not racing in a desert or running the hammers...if I wanted that type rig I would build a buggy.

I then ran across the very different and innovative metalcloak system. The more I dig and read about this system I begin to like it that much more. As I have mentioned this wont be my first lift and I know to we'll the pros and cons of different systems (don't want to get into that here).

The only thing I can't find many of are wheeling videos of this system, or many folks using it (I realize its new) so my question is can folks please provide your experiences and or thoughts on this new innovative system? If I decide to install this system believe me I will do a very thorough right up as well as wheeling videos and pictures.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I have metal cloak's set of 8 control arms but not their lift kit. Wheeled once so far and like the CAs a lot. And very smooth on the road. Good luck with your build.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The metal cloak kit has a good rep. The only problem I see is that no matter how much shock travel you have, you still need to keep the coil seated. So why wouldnt you just get a nice long arm kit and good long travel shocks.

If I had money I would probably run the metal cloak fenders, rock krawler 2.5 long arm, blistiens/fox shocks and 37s.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a link in my sig to some videos wheeling my Metal Cloak Lite kit. I'm on my phone so I can't tell if it shows up or not.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
The metal cloak kit has a good rep. The only problem I see is that no matter how much shock travel you have, you still need to keep the coil seated. So why wouldnt you just get a nice long arm kit and good long travel shocks.

If I had money I would probably run the metal cloak fenders, rock krawler 2.5 long arm, blistiens/fox shocks and 37s.
The kit comes with dual rate long travel coils. They don't come unseated. To the op. ..I run their arms and they flex like crazy. They even absorb some vibration and smoothed out the ride.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ranjr
I have a link in my sig to some videos wheeling my Metal Cloak Lite kit. I'm on my phone so I can't tell if it shows up or not.
I don't see anything in your sig, but I am using a phone app at this time. I will look in your profile to see if I can find your videos.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi

This is supposed to be the best riding and best off road kit on the market today, short of coilovers. This includes long arms. I was old this by three of our supporting vendors after the ban was lifted. So, when it came down to what I was going to get, I ordered the MC kit.

Last edited by mattgt5; 03-09-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Marine
I don't see anything in your sig, but I am using a phone app at this time. I will look in your profile to see if I can find your videos.
Yeah, doesn't show up on phone app but on my computer I see his link to YouTube videos.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
This is supposed to be the best riding and best off road kit on the market today, short of coilovers. This includes long arms. I was old this by three of our supporting vendors after the ban was lifted. So, when it came down to what I was going to get, I ordered the MC kit.
That is what i am thinking as well...
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Mid arms

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quick Reply: Metalcloak gamechanger Q/A