Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MetalCloak Game Changer 6Pak

Old 01-30-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what Maertz is driving at is the price. Getting into the $4k price territory kind of puts you in this wasted money limbo purgatory. You could spend half that on a decent RK kit and go all the same places as the six pack game changer kit. Spending the extra scratch doesn't get you any further down the trail. And if your going to get into $4k territory, you might as well start thinking realistically about coil overs and a custom suspension. And if you don't need anything that extreme, then you don't need a $4k bolt on suspension. Spend $2k or less on bolt on stuff, then spend the rest on something else. Armor, tires, whatever.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate everyone's input. I just wanted to hear some opinions on the kit as there isn't a lot on it. Even the MetalCloak thread doesn't have much as it cover their whole line of products. We are all on the same team here lol its not a pissing match.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
four 4k i could get coilovers and links/mounting brackets to go double triangulated front/rear. thats including the fuel cell and other items needed....add another 1k for there fenders and i could get tube doors,full cage, and a start on junkyard 60s
If this is a derail I apologize but I would be interested in seeing the price breakout for this with manufacturers of said components or how you are arriving at this.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
If this is a derail I apologize but I would be interested in seeing the price breakout for this with manufacturers of said components or how you are arriving at this.

just so happens there sitting on my work bench i looked into all of this yesterday as i was angry with my build.

Last edited by Maertz; 01-30-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

You mad bro?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

just angry...

Then throw in say 2500 for coilovers...and 160 for a 20gal fuel cell.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 AM
JK Jedi

It's a good thing we have this forum to decide how to spend some one else's money. Would hate for a guy to be able to make his own informed decision about what is and is not a waste of his money. As far as I can see, the only people offering up alternatives are people who don't have a MC lift. Is it the most efficient use of. $4k? Maybe for him, maybe not. It didn't cost me $4k. I paid $3400 installed but I got in early. As for offroad, coil overs will beat it I'm sure. I priced out coil overs and my quotes were all around $5500. On road this kit blows away any RK kit I've ridden in and that was important to me. This kit was the best option I could find for my needs and I'm glad I bought it. Are the 6 paks really necessary or are they a waste of money? Couldn't tell you as I've never ridden in an ARB edition. But for me, an extra $700 wasn't a big deal.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I actually work at a Chrysler dealership as a salesman. I have had a couple in the past that I have modded and sold. My current set up is a 2.5" Rubicon Express, fox shocks, warn bumper, winch, ace rock sliders, and upgraded tires. The gamechanger caught my eye as it is bolt on, not something that is going to void warranty or is out of grasp for people financing their new vehicle and mods all at once. Maybe I have bought into their marketing but it does look like it has some serious flex and capability. Although I'm not currently rolling on 40s with Dana 60s underneath I have been designated as the guy to see at our dealership about jeeps. It looks like an excellent piece of engineering and something that would be unique to showcase. Some people on here are going to look at it as a waste of money but for me it makes money, it's my bread and butter. Jeeps are all about customization as everyone knows, and for someone to be able to walk onto our lot and actually see one that has a few scars on it and some cool additions it goes along way for us. It actually helps our service department as well as we are extremely mod friendly and do everything we can to service our clients vehicles as cost effective as possible. Believe it or not we are not all deemed as "stealerships", yes we are out to make money but we are here to help.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
It's a good thing we have this forum to decide how to spend some one else's money. Would hate for a guy to be able to make his own informed decision about what is and is not a waste of his money. As far as I can see, the only people offering up alternatives are people who don't have a MC lift. Is it the most efficient use of. $4k? Maybe for him, maybe not. It didn't cost me $4k. I paid $3400 installed but I got in early. As for offroad, coil overs will beat it I'm sure. I priced out coil overs and my quotes were all around $5500. On road this kit blows away any RK kit I've ridden in and that was important to me. This kit was the best option I could find for my needs and I'm glad I bought it. Are the 6 paks really necessary or are they a waste of money? Couldn't tell you as I've never ridden in an ARB edition. But for me, an extra $700 wasn't a big deal.

sent from my work leash
700.oo for shocks isn't crazy money. I have yet to see them in person but would like to take a spin in a rig that has the full kit. I went RK and love my kit but I debated for a long time over the MCGC and my X-Factor... As for the OP just do what feels right. I can tell you how much I love my RK and MattGT5 can tell you how much he loves his MC but like MattGt5 said its what works for you and your needs. I can tell you that you will certainly get a lot of looks for that 4k good luck in your decision.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

99% of people are not interested in turning their jeep into an experiment as far as buying or making a bunch of random parts to fabricate a suspension, especially when it involves cutting, bending and welding. Thats not taking anything away from the guy who wants to do that but its not even of interest to most folks. I am seeing closer to $6k on Maertz build sheets by the time its all said and done and then even if you were a master welder/ fabricator with years of suspension engineering under you belt, what do you value your time at?

The frankebuild jeeps can be a fun experiment but in my experience most dudes who have a little bit of knowledge and experience and are trying to save a buck are their own worst enemy. I do applaud the effort and the desire to do this stuff yourself its just most people dont want to take their $40k jeep and turn it into a autoshop project in their garage. Buy a buggy.

Quick Reply: MetalCloak Game Changer 6Pak