Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MetalCloak Game Changer 6Pak

Old 01-30-2014, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

four 4k i could get coilovers and links/mounting brackets to go double triangulated front/rear. thats including the fuel cell and other items needed....add another 1k for there fenders and i could get tube doors,full cage, and a start on junkyard 60s

Last edited by Maertz; 01-30-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great. Point?

sent from my work leash
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Great. Point?

sent from my work leash
point is you pay more for ease of install in a kit and minimal performance for the price. yes its a great kit, but not the perfect option for everyone. just a note to others that depending on your abilities and intended uses it can or cannot make sense.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

But he asked for feedback on the kit from people who are running it. Useful info I guess but not really what was requested. I'm sure there is lots you can do with $4k.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi

But he asked for feedback on the kit from people who are running it. Useful info I guess but not really what was requested. I'm sure there is lots you can do with $4k.

sent from my work leash
ive in my past asked about kits, and ultimately in the end wish people would have drawn a better picture as i would have rather done it right from the get go for what i do with it. personally i feel its nice to look at both sides and more options from the get go, it was an option and if he doesn't care he can ignore it, but who knows maybe itll open someone elses eyes to a better option for them. im sorry if i offended your pride in your kit or whatever else it was that irritated you.

Last edited by Maertz; 01-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the game changer arb but haven't gotten it in the mail yet. Can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
four 4k i could get coilovers and links/mounting brackets to go double triangulated front/rear. thats including the fuel cell and other items needed....add another 1k for there fenders and i could get tube doors,full cage, and a start on junkyard 60s
You can get coil overs for 4k, but that doesn't include anything else such as control arms, track bars, and other components. And unless you have solid fabrication skills, there's only a couple bolt on choices. From what I've seen in bolt on, the lift height tends to be pretty high on a 2 door.

Junk yard 60s? You're on a whole different level than 99% of us.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
You can get coil overs for 4k, but that doesn't include anything else such as control arms, track bars, and other components. And unless you have solid fabrication skills, there's only a couple bolt on choices. From what I've seen in bolt on, the lift height tends to be pretty high on a 2 door.

Junk yard 60s? You're on a whole different level than 99% of us.

yea you could spend that on them. you could still get decent coilovers for 2500 ish. My 4k estimate included all arms. double triangulated uses no trackbars.. i also included in that price almost all other components. Im not saying its for everyone, but i didnt think about it and wish someone would have explained a little more when i was learning. honestly i dont have crazy skills, and could handle most all the fabbing/bending. Id bet way more people could also, there just more of a fear of messing up a costly vehicle. Agreed its not for everyone, but is another option. Sorry to the op if this pisses you off and consider this a derail.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kits only $4k and ships free from NR 4x4. Might even. Qualify for the 10%.

sent from my work leash
Sadly, no discounts on Metalcloak products.

Metalcloak usually lists their prices cheaper than NR but NR has free shipping while MC doesn't. If someone's willing to wait, MC does offer free shipping once in a while. So you could end up saving a few bucks.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Yup. You can't buy a kit if you want to hang with the cool crowd. You need to buy rc springs, teraflex upper arms, currie lower arms, RE track bars, and an rk flip kit or else you'll have minimal performance and will not be able to hit the double black diamond trails. N

Quick Reply: MetalCloak Game Changer 6Pak