Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MetalCloak 6Pak review...

Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MetalCloak 6Pak review...

anybody have a review on these shocks compared to their old aftermarket setup (i.e. bilstein, fox, ome... etc.)? Looking to make the plunge but was hoping there was some real life comparisons out there.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comparison is not even close. My jkur rides amazing on the road. My last jkur was on a full traction kit with billstein 5100s. I thought it rode good but it was nothing compared to what I have now. The rack test is to ride in a game changer vs a game changer lite. Is it the coils and arms or is it the shocks? That is what I want to do but no lites near me. Overall, I'm glad I did it. Are the worth the extra G to get them, don't know yet.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

They're rebuildable when they start to feel "off" also, correct? So it isn't a wasted investment when they are "worn".

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Comparison is not even close. My jkur rides amazing on the road. My last jkur was on a full traction kit with billstein 5100s. I thought it rode good but it was nothing compared to what I have now. The rack test is to ride in a game changer vs a game changer lite. Is it the coils and arms or is it the shocks? That is what I want to do but no lites near me. Overall, I'm glad I did it. Are the worth the extra G to get them, don't know yet.
Matt next time I am in town I will let you know. i have the lite with bilsteins. You can come by the restaurant and grab a beer.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by karls
They're rebuildable when they start to feel "off" also, correct? So it isn't a wasted investment when they are "worn".

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
I asked the same question and yes they are rebuild able. $70 each to do it. Do not have to splink $400 per every 75k miles or so.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Crawdadjr

Matt next time I am in town I will let you know. i have the lite with bilsteins. You can come by the restaurant and grab a beer.
Sounds like a plan Chris. Two birds one stone!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 PM
-

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Sounds like a plan Chris. Two birds one stone!
Post up after you do a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Comparison

Anybody have an opinion on difference between MC 6 pack and MC OME shocks?

Quick Reply: MetalCloak 6Pak review...