Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metal shards in rear diff

Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya! I wish Trailbud was on that trip. Normally he is my rabbit’s foot for preventing breakage. It could’a been worse. I was off the trail on the freeway headed home when I heard that fateful noise on deceleration.

I picked up the jeep last Monday. Gears sound great. They replaced the ring and pinion, cleaned out the entire housing, replaced all the bearings and had to rebuild the locker due to 2 broken bolts. Out the door cost $500.

I tried to get the broken parts back, but they get sent back to Superior under the warrantee.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenB1010
.............. I have GenRights Aux fuel tank installed so space behind the axle is at a premium.
Glad to hear you got her fixed....but do you have any pics on the genright tank? Any thoughts on it after the $1,000 spent?

Quick Reply: Metal shards in rear diff