Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metal cloak game changer

Old 05-01-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal cloak game changer

Just want to get people options on the 3.5 metal cloak game changer is it that comfortable on road and good off road
Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry opinions on the lift
Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

111 pages of metalcloak. Enjoy.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...thread-270191/
Old 05-01-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Lol. More than enough info.

Short answer yes.

Slightly longer answer.

Yes, but you don't need full Gamechanger if you aren't running mc high clearance fenders. Get ARB edition instead.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I went another route and built mine out with MC Springs and arms, then did fox 2.0 shocks (very pleased, a lot of reviews said they were stiff, but they are plenty soft enough for me), and synergy track bar and tie rod. I also had the fox ATS steering stabilizer and a rear track bar bracket that I worked into this new setup. I'm happy. So, with that said, I think you can do more than just the game changer or the ARB, you can customize all you want and be pleased with your metalcloak ride.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input currently I'm running 3 in bds lift fox 2.0 shocks synergy high steer teraflex monster track bar and aev drop brackets with 35 nitto trail grapplers I'm finding the bds lift to be way to harsh for daily driving I got a jku
Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gmoney727
Thanks for the input currently I'm running 3 in bds lift fox 2.0 shocks synergy high steer teraflex monster track bar and aev drop brackets with 35 nitto trail grapplers I'm finding the bds lift to be way to harsh for daily driving I got a jku
I literally just bought the MC Duroflex Lift (everything except for rear trackbar and shocks) to replace my BDS lift. I decided to go with Rancho RS9000XL shocks to be able to adjust the harshness of the ride, and I read great things about them. One friend just installed them, and said it was night and day between his old shocks. I didn't need the rear trackbar because I already run a currie trackbar, since its the only one that will accommodate my rear RockJock 60 axle.

The BDS Fox shocks and Syergy Highsteer might be worth keeping though. Synergy is of course the bomb, and I've heard good things about the BDS Fox valved shocks. You might want to consider the Duroflex lift like myself. You can then just sell everything else as a complete kit (springs, disconnects, AEV bracket, and drop bar) to maximize your investment.

Last edited by Roryslife; 05-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Rory how is the ride compared to the bds lift I'm looking for a lot smoother of a ride since I live in nyc
Old 05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put 18k miles on the game changer lift and was very pleased. The on road ride was fantastic for a jeep on 37". I had the 3.5" kit with 3/4" spacers on all four, poison spyder crusher flares. At max stuff, with 3" bumpstops, I rubbed the flares. I still got the max out of it without the overlines or the over lands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2842631807.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	549991

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4277893882.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	549992

sent from my work leash
Old 05-01-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gmoney727
Rory how is the ride compared to the bds lift I'm looking for a lot smoother of a ride since I live in nyc
Definite improvement in ride, but I had new shocks, springs, and control arms so it's was a multiple component upgrade.

You might look at getting some EVO plush ride springs as another option. Supposedly they are quite a bit softer than other market offerings, but I haven't tried them out.

I went with Metalcloak as a complete kit because I do tend to beat my rig up on trails, a lot... of course I live in Idaho.

I love NYC... best food ever, and you have hot chicks, on the subway.... HOT CHICKS, just riding the subway. Crazy.

Quick Reply: Metal cloak game changer