Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metal Cloak 2.5" measurement needed please and thank you

Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Metal Cloak 2.5" measurement needed please and thank you

I am considering a coil swap to make sure my Jeep fits in the garage. Its a fair weather friend so needs to be inside on rainy days. I ahve the Synergy 3" JKU coils in the rear and 315/70/17 tires on it now. It just touches the weather stripping at the garage entry. Under the jeep, I am expecting a 1.25" bump when I put the 37" tires on. I don't have 1.25" to spare. I will be installing a LOD shorty bumper and carrier, along with the 37" spare. Guessing that will come in at about 220 lbs. Synergy quoted me 300 lbs to compress the coils 1". So, I am going to be DAMN close to hitting the garage. One option I am considering is swapping teh rear to MC 2.5" coils.

Hoping someone with the 2.5" coils can give me a height figure and a floor to center hub number on their rig. Also include if you are running any extra weight in the back, like a bumper, carrier, spare, etc. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Metal Cloak 2.5" measurement needed please and thank you