Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Measuring Shock Length

Old 07-21-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Measuring Shock Length

Ok so I just received my shock for my new lift and wanted to make sure they were the right length. So I am wondering what do I measure from? Is it the mount hole to the end of the rod, right before the threads? If so my shocks are measuring a little over an inch shorter than advertised. Is this a common issue?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CTomlin19
Ok so I just received my shock for my new lift and wanted to make sure they were the right length. So I am wondering what do I measure from? Is it the mount hole to the end of the rod, right before the threads? If so my shocks are measuring a little over an inch shorter than advertised. Is this a common issue?
You Measure from eye to eye extended and collapsed and then measure just the shaft for actual travel
Old 07-21-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

center of eye to center of eye and center of eye to bottom of stud.

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/catal...ifications.pdf

Quick Reply: Measuring Shock Length