Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mean Green

Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean Green

Anyone running a Mean Green Alternator in their JK? I sent MG an e-mail since I couldn't find one listed for the JK and they just got back to me: MG1388 is the model for the JK. Claims 300% more charging power.
If you're running it, got any pics? I'm curious because I'm doing some decent upgrades to my electrical system and this would be a nice add-on if it has any decent reviews.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bump

Bump

Anyone running ANY kind of aftermarket alt? I know some of you winch guys gotta be upgrading. What'd you go to?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've asked around here and no one has heard of anyone swapping out the stocker. A MG and a dual battery combo would be awesome.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I was starting to think everyone was just reading my post and going "pffft, that's just crazy". The price is a bit steep but I may just make the jump. It puts out over 200A so I'm surprised that the people with winches and welders haven't been jumping all over them. I didn't check the date but maybe the MG's for the JKs are just that new...?... Oh well, if I manage to find that much cash just laying around, I'll do a write-up on it.

Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shizzlehappens
Thanks. I was starting to think everyone was just reading my post and going "pffft, that's just crazy". The price is a bit steep but I may just make the jump. It puts out over 200A so I'm surprised that the people with winches and welders haven't been jumping all over them. I didn't check the date but maybe the MG's for the JKs are just that new...?... Oh well, if I manage to find that much cash just laying around, I'll do a write-up on it.

Thanks again.
No problem, do you know what a stock alternator puts out?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
No problem, do you know what a stock alternator puts out?
I don't but I'm thinking it's gotta be in the 75-100A ballpark since we're not exactly running big-blocks here. I'll have to check my Haynes when I get home.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

offroaders.com states our stocker puts out 160A. I would be skeptical of those published numbers though. 100-120A seems like a more reasonable estimate.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default 150a actually

I have out it on a tester I was sekeptical too, it actually put out damn near what jeep says it does and 150a is more than most big rig setups

Quick Reply: Mean Green