Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is it me? (tf swaybar disconnects)

Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to Teraflex today... their guys installed too many of the sleeves. They were supposed to just put them in the bag with the pins, but they installed them on the links. Just take a screwdriver or your thumb and push out the extra sleeve. Their product photos (in instructions and on the quadratec webpage) show how they should be, with the sleeve only in one end of the swaybar link.

Hopefully Teraflex will remove them before they send any more to the various parts places. It's not a big problem (just an extra piece), but does cause some confusion.

Hope this helps somebody else...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whatevah
I talked to Teraflex today... their guys installed too many of the sleeves. They were supposed to just put them in the bag with the pins, but they installed them on the links. Just take a screwdriver or your thumb and push out the extra sleeve. Their product photos (in instructions and on the quadratec webpage) show how they should be, with the sleeve only in one end of the swaybar link.

Hopefully Teraflex will remove them before they send any more to the various parts places. It's not a big problem (just an extra piece), but does cause some confusion.

Hope this helps somebody else...
Yes there was some earlier kits that had sleeves in both ends. Quadratec and several others seems to still have some. All that is needed is to push that center sleeve out on the axle in. Rubicon owners like to bolt them in and not use the keeper pin. We are updating our instructions on this. TeraFlex intentions were to make this a universal kit for JK Rubicons and non Rubicon JK's.
Updated pic:
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-21-2007, 02:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Good grief. I just received a kit from Quadratec. It has exactly what Gerryc shows in his image (top image below). It does not have what TF says it should have in the "updated pic" they provide (bottom image below).

I'm missing the two bolts and two of the nuts (perhaps they fit the missing bolts? I do have nuts that don't seem to fit anything, too). Rustler211 says he bought "permanent bolts" at the dealership just to complete the job. What bolts do I need to buy? Other folks say reuse the old bolts. Gerryc: What happened with your kit, because mine is exactly like yours?

Also, my brackets are exactly as shown in Gerryc's image, not those shown in TF's updated image. Gerryc: What happened with your kit? Did they work?

In addition, Gerryc says his links are 8-1/4" center-to-center, and Stockyj says 8-3/4". Well, wouldn't you know that mine are 8-7/16" center-to-center. No, not 8-1/2". And not 8-1/4". They're 8-7/16". What's up with that?

So, what do I do now? I understand that I can push the sleeve out of one end of each of the links. But what about the missing bolts? Are they really needed, or is that more unnecessary hardware? What about the brackets? Will these larger ones in a different shape fit and work properly?

If I send this kit back to Quadratec, will I get a correct kit, or am I going to end up in a loop of unusable kits traveling back and forth between my home and Quadratec?

I really wanted these QDs before going to Disney in two weeks.
Originally Posted by gerryc
For others who may fall victim to this silly thing, here's what came with my kit and what I am doing about it.
Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Yes there was some earlier kits that had sleeves in both ends. Quadratec and several others seems to still have some. All that is needed is to push that center sleeve out on the axle in. Rubicon owners like to bolt them in and not use the keeper pin. We are updating our instructions on this. TeraFlex intentions were to make this a universal kit for JK Rubicons and non Rubicon JK's.
Updated pic:

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 11-21-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Good grief. I just received a kit from Quadratec. It has exactly what Gerryc shows in his image (top image below). It does not have what TF says it should have in the "updated pic" they provide (bottom image below).

I'm missing the two bolts and two of the nuts (perhaps they fit the missing bolts? I do have nuts that don't seem to fit anything, too). Rustler211 says he bought "permanent bolts" at the dealership just to complete the job. What bolts do I need to buy? Other folks say reuse the old bolts. Gerryc: What happened with your kit, because mine is exactly like yours?

Also, my brackets are exactly as shown in Gerryc's image, not those shown in TF's updated image. Gerryc: What happened with your kit? Did they work?

In addition, Gerryc says his links are 8-1/4" center-to-center, and Stockyj says 8-3/4". Well, wouldn't you know that mine are 8-7/16" center-to-center. No, not 8-1/2". And not 8-1/4". They're 8-7/16". What's up with that?

So, what do I do now? I understand that I can push the sleeve out of one end of each of the links. But what about the missing bolts? Are they really needed, or is that more unnecessary hardware? What about the brackets? Will these larger ones in a different shape fit and work properly?

If I send this kit back to Quadratec, will I get a correct kit, or am I going to end up in a loop of unusable kits traveling back and forth between my home and Quadratec?

I really wanted these QDs before going to Disney in two weeks.
Look for a update on this monday that will explain the parts in this kit.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Thanks, TF. I'll check back. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Just bumping this up to the top.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hope these help.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Hope these help.
Thanks, TF!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I've written up step-by-step instructions on how I installed this TF kit here.

Quick Reply: Is it me? (tf swaybar disconnects)