Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MC Lift Install

Old 11-18-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MC Lift Install

Wondering if my slightly sloped, dirt driveway is a bad idea to install my new lift. We're talking about a 1-2 degree slope, not too bad but it is what it is. Will that throw off anything when I go to torque down the control arms, etc?
Old 11-18-2016, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just remember to use wheel chocks. Nothing quite like having your rig roll off the jackstands and having the bumper cut you in half when your wrenching buddy leans on the Jeep to pass you a 18mm wrench.

The final torque down should be done when the vehicle is on the ground, a slight angle isn't going to make a difference. I would personally pay a professional to align the Jeep but even if you do a driveway alignment it won't make a difference on a Jeep. Camber is usually the only measurement that needs a flat level surface, but you can't adjust that on a solid axle anyways.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. Gotcha on the safety aspect!!!

Quick Reply: MC Lift Install