Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP mounting brackets

Old 11-19-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP mounting brackets

IVE BEEN TALKING TO STEVE (THE REP FOR MBRP) ABOUT THE ROOF RACK, HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE WAY THAT THE MBRP ROOF RACK MOUNTS TO THE INSIDE OF TH HARD TOP

Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

I believe these pics have already been posted in their roof rack thread.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Whoops, repost, must have missed those pics
Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

No problem, there is more info here: JK Auxiliary Roof Rack by MBRP-Forum Special
Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by bahadden
IVE BEEN TALKING TO STEVE (THE REP FOR MBRP) ABOUT THE ROOF RACK, HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE WAY THAT THE MBRP ROOF RACK MOUNTS TO THE INSIDE OF TH HARD TOP
Thanks for posting these pictures...I had the site administrators taking pictures of the inside at SEMA. There are a few pictures circulating this site. It never hurts to have more pictures.

This just goes to show the simplicity and ease of install.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by nwm52
That intro price for the roof rack is ridiculous. $700 for that particular design is way over priced. And then to actually sell it for $1000 after that is insane. JK owners wake-up. Quit being ripped off with manufacturers taking advantage of a newly designed Jeep.
Originally Posted by nwm52
I am well aware of the price of steel these days. I also know that they and everyone else who manufactures a product needs and deserves to make a profit. But if you knew what the actual cost of materials were and the simplicity in a lot of the products being made today you would feel the same way. How would I know about the cost of materials and the process of bending, cutting, welding and fabricating? I also do the same, nowhere near the volume as most, but very familiar in the game just the same. I didn’t mean this to be a slam on MBRP alone. It just happens to be where I decided to take a stand on way over priced products being pushed upon us Jeepers. By the way, I went to SEMA this year and looked at their roof rack and liked it very much.
It turns out that no one is aloud on this forum to post negative comments as I did about prices, only positive. Censorship once again. Shame on me for not reading the fine print. Oh well.

You ask if I’m a communist. Well, look around, does anything look familiar to you here regarding such?
Where is the censorship? Your negative comment is still here. And yes shame on you for not honoring the rules you agreed to when you signed up to this forum. The only comment removed was your identical comment from the sponsor forum, where it is not allowed.

Last edited by Robar; 11-20-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Thanks for posting these pictures...I had the site administrators taking pictures of the inside at SEMA. There are a few pictures circulating this site. It never hurts to have more pictures.

This just goes to show the simplicity and ease of install.
here's the album from Sema

MBRP Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited picture album
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how would you install this on a soft top?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

That's just sour grapes at it's best. Someone doesn't know how free enterprise works. If the retail price for a product is not supported by the market, it gets corrected, or the product falls out of production and off the market. It's a simple self correcting system. If it turns out that 1000 of these racks sell a month at $1000, there probably won't be any pricing corrections and the manufacturer hit a home run. Alternatively, other manufacturers could come up with copy cat designs to sell at lower prices to help to bring the pricing down. This leaves the complaining poster the awesome opportunity to produce his similar rack at $400. I think it's a fine system, don't you?

What does it look like without the Thule rack on it?

Last edited by twaldron; 11-20-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Littlejon
So how would you install this on a soft top?
I don't believe this top is able to be used with a soft top.

Originally Posted by twaldron
That's just sour grapes at it's best. Someone doesn't know how free enterprise works. If the retail price for a product is not supported by the market, it gets corrected, or the product falls out of production and off the market. It's a simple self correcting system. If it turns out that 1000 of these racks sell a month at $1000, there probably won't be any pricing corrections and the manufacturer hit a home run. Alternatively, other manufacturers could come up with copy cat designs to sell at lower prices to help to bring the pricing down. This leaves the complaining poster the awesome opportunity to produce his similar rack at $400. I think it's a fine system, don't you?

What does it look like without the Thule rack on it?
There are pics in this thread JK Auxiliary Roof Rack by MBRP-Forum Special without the thule rack

Quick Reply: MBRP mounting brackets