Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mbrp light bar

Old 07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaheu
Yeah, for now Im just going with the stock bumper until I get the RR bumper at some point(hopefully sooner rather than later) but I never thought about just leaving the plastic piece off. It looks like when you had the stock bumper on, you left that big plastic shroud under the bumper off too. I think I might leave that off as well.

Another question for ya, what grille inserts do you have on there. They look real good.

PS: I was able to pry the two plastic screws out of the top piece without destroying them too bad and I was able to put them back in and they still work good. What a crappy design though, I mean come on Mopar.
Is the Rampage insert.

And yes, I took out the lower plastic as soon as I got my 35's, I think it looks better without both, makes it look more raw

I like the way this light bar looks with the stock bumper so congrats
Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default MBRP light bar and 7" HIDx

Finally got these installed.

Clear covers

Black covers

Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine. Just make sure you put lighrs on first(if your gonna put lights on)cause you will have to do the whole install all over again. Its sturdy but I think its just for look and to hold the lights.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Dracattack

I love mine. Just make sure you put lighrs on first(if your gonna put lights on)cause you will have to do the whole install all over again. Its sturdy but I think its just for look and to hold the lights.
Lights going on first is key for sure. As is installing the winch before the light bar...order of operations does apply here.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

i love mine. the only issue i had when installing mine was that if you have the electronic sway bar disco up front it's a tight squeeze mounting one of the brackets. but it'll work.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1056..jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	81751
Old 08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rampage Grille Insert question

Originally Posted by Verdulken
Is the Rampage insert.

And yes, I took out the lower plastic as soon as I got my 35's, I think it looks better without both, makes it look more raw

I like the way this light bar looks with the stock bumper so congrats
Sorry to jump off topic but I couldn't find this anywhere else....
I tried to intall the Rampage Insert but the brackets came no where near what the directions had in their illustrations. I actually damage my grille on the lower mounting point because of so much tension.
Did you have the same problem?
Thanks and nice ride.

Quick Reply: mbrp light bar