Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mbrp light bar

Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mbrp light bar

Looking at the mbrp light bar for the front bumper. Anyone have one and how do you like it as far as fit and so forth. If you have a pic feel free to post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had it for just over a year. Fit is fine. Finish is still looking perfect. I mounted cheap hellas on it. I turned my stock bumper into a mid width at the same time and like the look. I'm not real geared up about getting a heavy bumper, so this combo will do for now. The bar itself is quite sturdy. I wouldn't go pushing a tree over with it, but it'll take decent hits without bending.

The install is easy. Just plan out your wiring first. One tip is to get some quick release clips (can't remember the real name) for your wiring. This is because to replace a headlight, the bar must come off. Being able to disconnect your lights right at the bar is a big help.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by highergr0und
I've had it for just over a year. Fit is fine. Finish is still looking perfect. I mounted cheap hellas on it. I turned my stock bumper into a mid width at the same time and like the look. I'm not real geared up about getting a heavy bumper, so this combo will do for now. The bar itself is quite sturdy. I wouldn't go pushing a tree over with it, but it'll take decent hits without bending.

The install is easy. Just plan out your wiring first. One tip is to get some quick release clips (can't remember the real name) for your wiring. This is because to replace a headlight, the bar must come off. Being able to disconnect your lights right at the bar is a big help.

I love this bar... !!!
When I installed my Hellas, it said not to mount them upside down... Not sure why...What about yours ?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

how much these thing runnin for? i want one
Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the info i will be having to get one of these
Old 07-14-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arasco85
how much these thing runnin for? i want one

Mine should be here today, 141 shipped, not a sponsor here, do a google search

Edit: forgot about a 7 dlls discount if apply for an online code, so it was down to 134 shipped.

Last edited by El Jeepo; 07-14-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
I love this bar... !!!
When I installed my Hellas, it said not to mount them upside down... Not sure why...What about yours ?
Only reason to not install them upside down would be the enhanced ability for water to get in there. I haven't had any issues. I rarely use them though. I've been meaning to mod the covers by notching them in order to get them right side up and painting them flat black. Just haven't done it yet. Heck, my switch is still hanging loose in the cab. It's on my list, just not very high. It's golf season and 100* out every day so Jeep wrenching is on the back burner.

I think I paid $150 for the bar from Northridge and something like $50 for the hellas at Wally World. If you want to do it right, get better lights. The Hellas are kind of weak.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's mine with the RR modular bumper.

and here with the stock bumper.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really good with that bumper..... Did you have to do any cutting?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...od=MBRP-130716

In stock and will ship same day you order it.

David

Quick Reply: mbrp light bar