Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Gen 2 front bumper replacement

Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MBRP Gen 2 front bumper replacement

Like another member on here, my Gen 1 MBRP front bumper fell victim to the rust gremlins after less then 9 months. After talking w/ Steve @ MBRP and sending a few pics, very simple warrantly replacemnt claim. After a little confusion from Moab, I received a completely new Gen 2 setup Swap was a straight fwd unbolt-rebolt. Luckily I used antiseize previously! This time I also added 3 coats of bed liner to cover the bolt heads. Just waiting on new gaskets for the light bar to be reinstalled.

My pros/cons on Gen 1 vs Gen 2:
+ powercoat feels much thicker (Gen 1 showed signs of rust at the welds after 1 week of rain)
+ brackets and bolt locations are 1000X improved
+ fog light bracket are much improved
+ shackle tabs now fit the pin from my 6.5T shackle
+ high lift jack reliefs
- wish they had kept lock washers on all the fasteners, for this reason I didn't use antiseize this time
- wish the bolts on the underside were kept as carriage bolts, looks cleaner

Gen 2 install comments:
-leave the for light assemblies off until the end, makes getting a socket onto the bracket bolts easier

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real nice, I already have the light bar and saving up for the bumper. I almost have enough for the lift and tires and then will be working on getting this bumper.

Quick Reply: MBRP Gen 2 front bumper replacement