Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Exhaust Pro's & Con's

Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the off-road version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8wZfWzNjT4
the model number is the title of the youtube page, checked mbrp.com - plus there's no exhaust visible when he drives by.
cat back version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0th1aiaNXi4
model numbers don't match, exhaust is clearly visible though...
Old 07-19-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by co_jk
has anyone done the mbrp exhaust relocation with any of the skid plates installed over the fuel evap container?
looks like everything would fit, curious to see if anyone has done it.
i'll be looking to relocate my evap eventually, but will probably put an air tank in its place at that point so i'll still be using whatever skid i decide on. benchmark is offering a deal right now in another thread, may have to jump on that.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

I just talked with the guys at their booth at the PA All Breeds Jeep show in York, PA yesterday. Took some pictures and listened to the black version that places the muffler next to the evap canister on the 2 door they had there. I was originally concerned with the heat of the system next to the canister, but they assured me that this wouldn't be a problem.

This is my next modification. Not sure whether I will add an air intake yet - I hear no many say not to spend the money over the stock airbox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep show 2009 133.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	27190

Name:	jeep show 2009 134.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	27191

Name:	Exhaust.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	27192
Old 07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kflash

This is my next modification. Not sure whether I will add an air intake yet - I hear no many say not to spend the money over the stock airbox.
I wouldn't do it unless you were also planning on adding a Flashpaq. Before the flashpaq, I noticed a little increase in gas mileage, but not much of in increase in power at all. Over time, the gas mileage increase seemed to go away.

The stock computer isn't advanced enough to compensate properly for the increased airflow. However, I would highly recommend one if you already have, or are planning on adding, a quality programmer. [/hijack]

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust Pro's & Con's