Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Exhaust Pro's & Con's

Old 06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those hangers are fun arent they, I had to put a 1/2 tube of lithium to get them off.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Those hangers are fun arent they, I had to put a 1/2 tube of lithium to get them off.
Yeh, those hangers suck. I thought the screwdriver through the bottom hole and prying it off worked best - except for the passenger side, which I was able to cut off since I had the relocated muffler.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the hangers are a bitch! but its pretty easy to install, love the sound. I'm glad I found this thread cause now I know it will eventually seal. There was one thing though. I ordered the stainless t509 exaust, what I got was the relocation t509 exaust. I figured I couldn't wait any longer so I put it on, plus when I go offroad its tucked away... I was wondering if there gonna make that skid plate for the muffler that they took to the Easter Safari?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dracattack
I figured I couldn't wait any longer so I put it on, plus when I go offroad its tucked away...
i like your attitude. i probably would have done the same.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKsJK
Yeh, those hangers suck. I thought the screwdriver through the bottom hole and prying it off worked best - except for the passenger side, which I was able to cut off since I had the relocated muffler.

I bought some exhaust hanger pliers in the past when replacing an exhaust and never regretted it one bit. You can have the hanger off in about five seconds with NO LUBE and no damage to the hanger. My pair is a no name brand off ebay and not the brand in this pic, but they work great. Have used them several times now.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LeroyJMC
I bought some exhaust hanger pliers in the past when replacing an exhaust and never regretted it one bit. You can have the hanger off in about five seconds with NO LUBE and no damage to the hanger. My pair is a no name brand off ebay and not the brand in this pic, but they work great. Have used them several times now.

well that's a nifty little tool - never knew it existed. it's clear to me that at least 50% of my install time is due to lack of mechanical experience. but, i've enjoyed leaving layers of knuckle skin under my jeep and the self-induced hernia from trying to torque down the track bars, etc. someday i'll learn.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

i put mine on sat. after work . i'm not sure who there talking about when they say installation time around an hour . (superman maybe) i did mine about 3 hour's . i even have a lift in my garage . but then again this was my first real self install of anything automotive . so when it was over i was all smiles
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

well , the previous owner of the house installed lifts for a living and that's why i have it . to be honest when i looked at the place before i bought they had all there stuff boxed up and packed in the garage . didn't even know it had one till i moved in .. did i mention i love this exhaust ? i haven't played the sirus since i installed it ! i'm a big kid ...
Old 07-18-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default evap skid plate?

has anyone done the mbrp exhaust relocation with any of the skid plates installed over the fuel evap container?
looks like everything would fit, curious to see if anyone has done it.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is the sound difference between the tucked off road and the cat back mufflers? Can't find a sound clip of the tucked off road version. Anybody heard both mufflers?

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust Pro's & Con's