Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Exhaust Issue

Old 03-05-2010, 06:35 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
We had the same issue, turns out the pipe/flange that connects directly to the manifold had loosened slightly causing the pipe to drop and make contact on the crossmember. It wasnt loose enough to cause a exhaust leak but only enough to where the pipe qould drop to lay on the cross member. .I simply placed a spacer between the pipe and cross member and the pipe.... tighented the bolts on the manifold flange... removed the spacer and everything is good to go!
That's what I have done twice now.

Somehow it keeps loosening and coming back.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by albrechtmj
That's what I have done twice now.

Somehow it keeps loosening and coming back.
Replace the bolt/nut. We found that once the factory hardware loosens up it wont stay tight.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAM85
I have the offroad exhaust and I just started getting the rattle to, but its not all the time. I have it while accelerating at times then I can let off it then throttle again and it goes away Going to double check to make sure nothing is rubbing. Besides this little issue, this exhaust rocks.
X2 It does rock and I have the rattle and that's Jeepin'
Old 03-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

If I'm not mistaken, this issue is not with your cat-back but actually your factory Y pipe coming in contact with the cross member? Am I looking at this wrong?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
If I'm not mistaken, this issue is not with your cat-back but actually your factory Y pipe coming in contact with the cross member? Am I looking at this wrong?
It is my factory Y pipe hitting the crossmember, but that is the symptom.

The cause is that the cat-back is "pulling down" on the factory exhaust, causing the contact/rattle.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by albrechtmj
It is my factory Y pipe hitting the crossmember, but that is the symptom.

The cause is that the cat-back is "pulling down" on the factory exhaust, causing the contact/rattle.
Read my PM...I explained the mid pipe rotation that can resolve this. We have not had issues with this at all before. If there is an issue with the hanger on the front pipe, I will send you a new one, no questions asked.

Let me know.

Steve

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust Issue