Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Cat-back exhaust

Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been asking myself the same thing, best price I can find on the MBRP I want is just under $700 CDN which is alot for an exhaust system IMO.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you guys go with Stainless steel or aluminum for the Mbrp Exhaust
Old 09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bbhockey19
Did you guys go with Stainless steel or aluminum for the Mbrp Exhaust
If I do get one i'm going stainless because of the lifetime warranty on the XP Series and the aluminized is no good around here where they use alot of salt in the winters. Chances are the stainless wont rust, there might be some discoloration but thats ok. Chrysler used a really shitty grade stainless for the exhaust on these things. I used to have a 1998 Suzuki Esteem, the muffler nor any of the pipe rusted one bit, when I sold it the damn thing still looked brand new. My stepmother has an '05 Sunfire and the exhaust on that thing still looks brand new too. It makes me wonder just how much it costs chrysler to build a JK considering the cheap stuff they use.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the new MBRP XP Series that is offers with the muffler relocated next to the driver side frame. Has anyone had any problems with exhaust fumes into the cab due to the short exhaust.

Quick Reply: MBRP Cat-back exhaust