Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MBRP Cat-back exhaust

Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Adam: I have had the SS original location CAT back MBRP since May. I am a huge fan of MBRP. Quality is first rate, install was (almost) a breeze. I was goung to install the system myself but thanks to one of the MOPAR factory monkeys I couldn't get one of the hangers loose. Gave up after 30' and took it to a local muffler shop I have used in the past. The tech came out and said he couldn't loosen the one hangar nut could he torch it? 15's later I was leaving with my new exhaust installed. (Oh, I don't have a torch!)
[QUOTE]

Had the same issue with the rear passenger side hanger... screwdriver and about 30 minutes (of pure torture) got it off. Love the MBRP system... Zero rust on the SS system after about 5-6 months.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fathom
Yeah, it's kinda sad that the parts are worth less than what it would cost to ship them!

That's why I have five Rubi wheels and tires sittin in my basement!
I was gonna go with Dueler AT Revo II's as replacement tires but the more I look at the jeep the more it looks like it needs a set of MT's. If I could spend money freely i'd buy yours from you right now, but it would cost a small fortune to have those shipped here. Waiting on a guy who's selling locally to drop his price, he's trying to get $1500 CDN for rubi wheels and tires that apparently have only 3000 km's on them.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

[/QUOTE]Had the same issue with the rear passenger side hanger... screwdriver and about 30 minutes (of pure torture) got it off. Love the MBRP system... Zero rust on the SS system after about 5-6 months.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that hanger is a real pain in the @ss! You live in California so I cant imagine it rusting too much. I'm hoping someone from the east coast (Mass., NY etc) with the MBRP chimes in because I know they use alot of road salt in most of those places.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I was gonna go with Dueler AT Revo II's as replacement tires but the more I look at the jeep the more it looks like it needs a set of MT's. If I could spend money freely i'd buy yours from you right now, but it would cost a small fortune to have those shipped here. Waiting on a guy who's selling locally to drop his price, he's trying to get $1500 CDN for rubi wheels and tires that apparently have only 3000 km's on them.
$1500 CDN! Wow! I've got aboot 8000 km on mine and would take about $500 US. All I can get it is $300 so it's ok by me to just keep them in a nice dark dry basement. I always have wanted to visit Nova Scotia though!

(Do they let US dogs in NS?)
Old 09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

$1500 CDN! Wow! I've got aboot 8000 km on mine and would take about $500 US. All I can get it is $300 so it's ok by me to just keep them in a nice dark dry basement. I always have wanted to visit Nova Scotia though!

(Do they let US dogs in NS?)
I dont think there any laws on things like that, I see many tourists from the US when I visit cape breton island and alot of them have dogs with them. Dude if shipping wasnt insane I would buy those wheels from you in a heartbeat. Everyone wants a fortune for anything they take off of their vehicles around here, I think they all have rocks in their head.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Adam: I am only basing my price on the "for sale" section of this forum. Looks like I could make some money buying down here at US prices and selling up there for Canadian! Probably be h... to pay at the border though. They didn't even like my bringing 2 bottles of wine into Ontario for a fishing trip!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Adam: I am only basing my price on the "for sale" section of this forum. Looks like I could make some money buying down here at US prices and selling up there for Canadian! Probably be h... to pay at the border though. They didn't even like my bringing 2 bottles of wine into Ontario for a fishing trip!
They wouldnt give you much trouble because the wheels/tires would be used, im pretty sure you'd only get a hard time from customs/border if the stuff you were bringing across was brand new. Regardless, the prices people want for used wheels or tires around here is INSANE. Example.. a buddy of mine bought brand new American Racing wheels a couple of years ago, paid just under $2000 for all 4, used them for around 25000 km's then bought a new car so he took them off his old car before he traded it in and tried to sell them for $1800. Pretty sure they are still sitting in storage somewhere because no one would give him what he was asking for.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I dont think there any laws on things like that, I see many tourists from the US when I visit cape breton island and alot of them have dogs with them. Dude if shipping wasnt insane I would buy those wheels from you in a heartbeat. Everyone wants a fortune for anything they take off of their vehicles around here, I think they all have rocks in their head.

not just in NS, and even jeep parts, there are guys here trying to sell 2006 quads for 8000 when you can get a 2010 for just over 10000.

Last edited by hiddenprey; 09-06-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hiddenprey
not just in NS, and even jeep parts, there are guys here trying to sell 2006 quads for 8000 when you can get a 2010 for just over 10000.
I've found a couple of good deals in Alberta on JK parts, too bad I moved back to NS. But you're right for sure, my parents still live out in fort mac and even there people want insane money for used stuff, edmonton isnt much better from what i've seen.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

is the exhaust worth doing?

Quick Reply: MBRP Cat-back exhaust