Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Maxxis Buckshot Tires

Old 04-20-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxxis Buckshot Tires

What is said about these tires? I know a few guys have them so what do you think? Do they wear well? Noise?
I see they are a reasonable price and it has sparked my interest.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

When I had my liberty there were many running this set up.
noise
was not too loud but you knew they were mudders.
treadwear
they seemed to wear like iron hte guys said they expected to get
40k out of a set.
traction
off road excelent except for thick mud
on road ice bad ,snow great ,rain great cornering good
the guys had very little bad to say about them. 245/75/16 C 6 ply
Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a set on my YJ, they wore well, and weren't too loud on the pavement but like BLKRuby said you know they're mudders. They did well for me off road. For the price they're a good deal. If I were to buy another set of mudders I'd look at the Bighorn (Maxxis) or go with the Buckshots again.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I have them in 33"s and had the same set on my last Xterra and on my JK and I love them! They show hardly any wear and I wheel them a lot, a few minor cuts in the lugs, but no chunks missing like i've seen with softer MTR's and such. Mine are 8 ply sidewalls, very stiff and very strong tire. great grip on rocks and mud, street is normal, never spun or hydroplaned in them. I will probably get them again when I go 35"s, only b/c I know they work and I know they can take a beating. They might not look as cool b/c they don't have the side wall treads, but I'd put them up against any mud tire under 300 bucks a piece. I got mine for like 168 a piece installed I think.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running them now in 35's and I like them. What everyone else said is true and the price was right. Maxxis is now making a new tire that's peaked my interest though called the Creepy Crawler. I may try a set of those next time I change tires.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 AM
brz
JK Enthusiast

i bought a set of the 285 75 r16's and like them so far. a little hum on the road, but i think you would get that from any mud tire. i looked around on the internet before i purchased them and it seemed like most who had them liked them.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a friend whho ownes a tire shop and he says the buckshots balance better than any mud tire he sells. Buckshots were known for being very hard and loud in the early 90's. They have since been redesigned, but people haven't really recognized the change.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is anyone running this tire? How loud are they?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Buckshot Mudders on my other Jeep (01 Cherokee Sport) in 31x10.5x15. You can hear the hum like most M/T's. They have over 10,000 miles on them and still look brand new. Great in Mud/Snow/Gravel....don't know about big rocks. I got the set of 4 with 15" steelies for $850 two summers ago. Great tire, I would definitely buy them again. Mine had agressive sidewalls, the new ones look like they don't have the same lugs.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maxis Tires

I had the bighorns in a 33 and was really happy with them. If maxis produced a 35" in a 15" rim I'd have bought another set.

Quick Reply: Maxxis Buckshot Tires