Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Maxxis Big Horns

Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I am looking into this tire for 35s as one of my options. Heard nothing but good things about them!

Don't know if the prices have changed, but when I got mine a year ago, they were $100 less PER tire than the KM2 and MTR/K. Definitely other places I would rather spend the extra $500 than for a name.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srunyon
Does anyone have experience with these tires (35-12.50-17)? A buddy of mine has a set for sale and they're in pretty good shape, but I was wondering how they handle/wear/ride/loudness etc. Thanks for the help!!
I got mine in March off of a buddy's jeep when he went to 37's. I love them!! I don't think they are loud at all compared to Mud Terrains. Mine have about 7000 miles so far & have some rock chunking but the tread is so beefy, they have lots of life left! I've had no problems at all with handling. My Jeep definately drives more like a truck as opposed to a c-a-r when it was on the stock tires. I have NO regrets!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was very happy with mine on my TJ, they got a little loud after about 20,000kms but otherwise they wore really well and had lots of traction.

Quick Reply: Maxxis Big Horns