Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Maximus-3 Rubicon X/10A Modular Rear Tire Carrier

Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maximus-3 Rubicon X/10A Modular Rear Tire Carrier

anyone have opinions or experience with the maximus tire carrier? quality, wear and tear, fitment, etc?

i'm looking for a tire carrier that is pretty technical. i currently have the OrFab carrier that carrier some rotopax, my hi-lift and a shovel. the Orfab is great, just looking for a change.

i like that the maximus links to the rear door--is that a pro or a con?

any pictures would be great too..

thanks
steve
Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've have mine on since Feb. of last year.
Over 20K miles and two Michigan winters.
No rattles or squeaks. No signs of rust.

Linked to the Tailgate. The carrier opens with the Tailgate. One handed operation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	test8.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	599640
Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't speak for the carrier, but used their winch plate setup on a 10A front bumper. Really good kit, well designed, and overall good product (I'd argue the best winch plate option for a 10A front bumper). The owner of Maximus 3 was responsive and helpful, but this was a year ago when they were pretty unheard of, so no idea if that has changed. And, he is a bit hard to understand, but a nice guy.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, anyone else??
Old 03-05-2015, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Can't speak for the carrier, but used their winch plate setup on a 10A front bumper. Really good kit, well designed, and overall good product (I'd argue the best winch plate option for a 10A front bumper). The owner of Maximus 3 was responsive and helpful, but this was a year ago when they were pretty unheard of, so no idea if that has changed. And, he is a bit hard to understand, but a nice guy.
I also have the winch mount, but for the Moab/Call of Duty (AEV) bumper. I put the hoop on as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	shelby-20150103-00425.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	599798

Joe is from Sudan, and is sometimes hard to understand on the phone. Luckily I can just drop in as they are just up the road from Work.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paul04tj
I also have the winch mount, but for the Moab/Call of Duty (AEV) bumper. I put the hoop on as well.Attachment 599798

Joe is from Sudan, and is sometimes hard to understand on the phone. Luckily I can just drop in as they are just up the road from Work.
Yep, same here just down the road from them.

I've also met with Joe in person, he is a great guy with a great passion for engineering. Its obvious that he puts a lot of thought into the design of all of their products, as if you get a chance to talk to him, he will go on, and on, and on, and on (lol), about how they did certain things a certain way and why.

I don't have any of their stuff on my jeep, but did lend a hand with installing one of these on a buddy's jeep. Install was straight forward and fairly easy. Only snag was had some minor frustration with lining up the lower hinge bolt, but in speaking with Joe it sounds like this might have just been user error as we had tightened down the body side of the factory hinge too soon. Aside from that, he's had no issues with squeaks or rattles; just for reference, he has 35x12.5x17 mt/r on the carrier.

Quick Reply: Maximus-3 Rubicon X/10A Modular Rear Tire Carrier