Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

maximum weight for stock tire carrier and gate?

Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-413938329.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	438175

I would consider the OR Fab, I looked at the TF Carrier too and settled on the OR Fab. Same price as TF and has spot for a high lift and you could get the Roto Pax version if needed. I like that it looks more custom for the $500 then the TF carrier and it is solid as a rock, holds 150 lbs according to the manufacturer. I believe a guy on here ran a 40 in beadlock and wheeled it hard with no problem for a while before going with the Evo carrier. The only downside you'll here is the install which was not that bad at all, a buddy and some beers will make it much easier. I was nervous as hell running my 35 in MTR's for 2 months, 98 lbs and my tail gate got harder and harder to close each week. Good luck with you choice!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I am set on the teraflex as they have provided me amazing customer service since using their parts. That means a lot to me. A company who just don't care about getting your money.

Quick Reply: maximum weight for stock tire carrier and gate?