Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MasterCraft Seats vs. Junkyard Leather?

Old 12-22-2015, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MasterCraft Seats vs. Junkyard Leather?

Hey guys,

I've been looking a lot lately at changing my seats for more comfort and style. Anything from Viper leather/alcantara to Jag XJS, DeVilles to A4s. I'm wondering if anybody has had long term experience with any luxury vehicles AND the Baja RS seats. I've found several black leather seats that would be great, but I also want it to ride smooth and I worry about swamp ass. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Jim

Last edited by JeepmanJim; 12-22-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What year is your JK? I have been in on one of our work JK's with the BAJA RS and really liked them, for hours on end on the trail and the highway. In fact I bought them for my 2013 build... then sat in those stock seats and was really happy with stock. Now I have to MasterCraft's in my rafters for down the road.

Last edited by Rancho; 12-22-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I am trying to get a set of 13-up stock sport, rubi or sahara cloth front and rear seats for my 11. My 11's are getting worn out and my driver seat is torn from entry/exit.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:53 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2008. If the Baja RS isn't much better than newer JK seats, I'm thinking I'll just go with something else. From what I was reading, they're like riding on fresh asphalt with underwear made of clouds. I'm going to look at some today anyway. They bolt in without me having to make brackets for wider seat rails, so that's a small plus.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ringer has the Baja RS and absolutely loves them. Apparently they feel so secure that his wife loves wheeling in the Jeep now. That's the route I'm going as well.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Baja RS seats here as well. Can't say enough great things. My back is fresh after a long day of wheeling and they ride great on the road.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

One thing I didn't "like" and it was not a big deal once I got used to the BAJA RS is that the hip bolsters would get into my Gerber multi-tool, so I had to remove that. That's it. I also ran them in my old YJ too.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would strongly suggest that you see if anyone in your area has various seats and see which ones you like the best. As for the European leather seats they will ride very different in a Jeep.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Update: I went to look at the seats, sat in one, wasn't extremely impressed but bought them anyway. My back was killing me after the hour drive to get there. Before I made it back home, my back was almost back to normal. Totally worth it!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll probably get heat for this but I run the mastercraft nomad seats (the overseas version of the mastercraft rubicon seats). I daily drive my jeep & can't recline my seats as I am running a full weld-in cage with harness bar. I've done multiple long trips including a 30 hr drive to Moab (rotating drivers) and I have no complaints.

I know a guy who runs the rubicon seats & after sitting in them while trail riding I don't see a difference in his seats or mine.

Quick Reply: MasterCraft Seats vs. Junkyard Leather?