Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MASTERCRAFT COURSER MXT M/T.. 37x12.5x17 Reviews

Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MASTERCRAFT COURSER MXT M/T.. 37x12.5x17 Reviews

I jumping up to 37 inch tires and found a deal on these tires for 1100$ out the door mounted and balanced.. Any one running these tires or have opinions on a 37 inch tire ? I do alot of on road driving and no Rock Crawling...
Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First question would be why 37 if not crawling? On the mastercraft, a few on here have said they liked them so far. Too early to know. I can tell you they will wear faster. Tread depth is short new and in sure the compound is cheaper. They are also smaller than most 37". Similar in size to a km2, but slightly taller.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-12-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
First question would be why 37 if not crawling? On the mastercraft, a few on here have said they liked them so far. Too early to know. I can tell you they will wear faster. Tread depth is short new and in sure the compound is cheaper. They are also smaller than most 37". Similar in size to a km2, but slightly taller.

sent from my work leash
Most of my wheeling is in deep snow and some mud. we dont have many rocks in Michigan. why would they wear faster? would you have any suggestions for a 37 inch tire that is used for DD and weekend offroading w/o crawling?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

These would probably be fine, they are just new and untested. You can get 50k out of a set of most mud tires (nitto, toyo, BFG, GY mtr) with a 5 tire rotation. These tires are cheaper and should not be expected to perform the same. Additionally, they are starting off with less tread depth new, so that will limit longevity as well. For that price, I would try them as long as I was ok with a 35.8" to 36.2" tire.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-12-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Ive read a few positive reviews about these but have never used/seen them before. Would love to hear from someone who uses them as their price is attractive
Old 01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
These would probably be fine, they are just new and untested. You can get 50k out of a set of most mud tires (nitto, toyo, BFG, GY mtr) with a 5 tire rotation. These tires are cheaper and should not be expected to perform the same. Additionally, they are starting off with less tread depth new, so that will limit longevity as well. For that price, I would try them as long as I was ok with a 35.8" to 36.2" tire.

sent from my work leash

they advertise them as 36.69 tall should I expect them to be as low as 35.8?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried running a set of these in 37s last summer. Could not get them to balance. Shop tried 3 times. 2 were taking around 20 ounces and the other 2 were taking around 7. Gave up and got some Toyos. Less than 4 ounces each to balance on beadlocks. Maybe I just got a bad set...
Old 01-12-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bdavid
I jumping up to 37 inch tires and found a deal on these tires for 1100$ out the door mounted and balanced.. Any one running these tires or have opinions on a 37 inch tire ? I do alot of on road driving and no Rock Crawling...
Why risk it? Save up another 2-300 and with a little patience you get a reputable brand. I spent 1300ish on 5 37 MTRK's. For $200 is it really worth possibly getting a so-so tire that you have to live with for 40-50000 miles?
Old 01-12-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

37" MTR/K's are legendary for balancing problems. Toyo's are ridiculously heavy. KM2's are undersize. I'd been considering these MXT's. Maybe Cooper STT's.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tslewisz
37" MTR/K's are legendary for balancing problems. Toyo's are ridiculously heavy. KM2's are undersize. I'd been considering these MXT's. Maybe Cooper STT's.
Well when you find and easy to balance, light weight, perfectly sized MT let me know. Before I had the 37 MTRk (which balanced just fine on the first shot), I had 35" STT's and beofre that 35" KM2's (both were a pain to balance, go figure). I'm pretty sure every MT on the market is heavy as compared to other tires and when you combine that with a larger tire diameter, hard to balance comes with the territory.

Quick Reply: MASTERCRAFT COURSER MXT M/T.. 37x12.5x17 Reviews