Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

In the market for axle shafts? Which ones?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for axle shafts? Which ones?

So I snapped passenger axle joint on my D30 which hogged out the ears. I got a new joint in it and welded the caps in because the clips wouldnt seat. Now I have been researching front shafts and there is so many options. I like the thoughts of rcv's, but is anyone running them on a dd in the winter with salt on the roads, and they are alot of coin... I wheel about once a month in the summer and not as much in the winter but I hate to break down when I am so far from home. I think regular chromo shafts will prolly work. Whats everyones experiences with shafts in the 30. Are you guys still snapping aftermarket shafts and which brand is best? Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JKOIIIOJK
So I snapped passenger axle joint on my D30 which hogged out the ears. I got a new joint in it and welded the caps in because the clips wouldnt seat. Now I have been researching front shafts and there is so many options. I like the thoughts of rcv's, but is anyone running them on a dd in the winter with salt on the roads, and they are alot of coin... I wheel about once a month in the summer and not as much in the winter but I hate to break down when I am so far from home. I think regular chromo shafts will prolly work. Whats everyones experiences with shafts in the 30. Are you guys still snapping aftermarket shafts and which brand is best? Thanks!
i run a set of rcv's on my orange jk and while they are nice, they are no where worth the extra cost or, at least not to me. yes, i know, i speak heresy to all the rcv fanboys out there but really, a chromo shafts is all you really need. being that it'll come with a full circle clip, you won't have this problem again.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are having a sale on the Ten Factory Chromoly shafts . They come with both inners and outers with u-joints and they run full circle clips.

They have a ten year no questions asked warranty for 550 shipped

David
Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

No we already busted the myth. d30 shaft don't break.

In all seriousness I got superiors after breaking a stock shaft. They have been holding up well.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks David from north ridge and WOL I think you just made up my mind. Northridge, I bought my R&P's from you guys and you were excellent to deal with. I will be calling you shortly. When does this sale run out?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

You ever consider buying a used Rubi D44 off someone, complete with r&p to match your rear and with elocker? I just sold mine with RCV's $1500. Plenty of JK Rubi's converting to D60's or ProRock44's
Old 06-16-2011, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah it has definitely crossed my mind, I have been looking around the for sale section. When they pop up they are gone pretty quick. I also am in ny and most seem to be out west.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The sale will end when we run out of our current stock. Honestly I have no idea when that will be .

David

Quick Reply: In the market for axle shafts? Which ones?