Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Marker lights that fit into ARB bumper?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Marker lights that fit into ARB bumper?

Hey guys,

I am about at wits end with these lights, ARB has replaced these twice already and they still take on water. Mind you they were polite and did send the replacements free both times... my issue is that I'm without a legal turn signal in the mean time and each of the superbrightled.com light bulbs I have in there run be about 25 bucks and last only a few months .

I've siliconed the crap out of the latest ones and after a bunch of fall rain and now snow/slush, one is still good, but the drivers has already started the water and burned out half the LED's on the bulb.

Are there any of you guys using replacement lights in these spots?

I don't have any close up shot, but for reference its the two rectangular lights in the bumper. I have them wired up to my turn signal and have done the fender light mod. So these lights are on all the time as DRL and also flash when I engage the turn signal. I am looking to keep them orange but open to options if there is something else.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jumpinpound Mountain-90.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	512774

Thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 11:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the ARB bumper now for two years and have not run into this. I live in Oregon and I see a lot of rain and have never had mine fill up with water. It sounds like you're using aftermarket bulbs (LEDs?) - you know if they fit right so there's no need to go there.

As you know the bumper has a bolt on reinforcement that covers the lights from behind and they are really good at trapping thick wet Northwest mud. I've thought of installing a flexible piece of plastic behind the reinforcement brackets to keep some of the crap out. I bet that would work well for for keeping water from entering the light housing as well. It won't keep it from getting wet but it will keep the jet stream of water from the tires from forcing it's way in. You may also want to try a little bit of silicone sealer when you assemble the light housing.

T
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tac46
I've had the ARB bumper now for two years and have not run into this. I live in Oregon and I see a lot of rain and have never had mine fill up with water. It sounds like you're using aftermarket bulbs (LEDs?) - you know if they fit right so there's no need to go there.

As you know the bumper has a bolt on reinforcement that covers the lights from behind and they are really good at trapping thick wet Northwest mud. I've thought of installing a flexible piece of plastic behind the reinforcement brackets to keep some of the crap out. I bet that would work well for for keeping water from entering the light housing as well. It won't keep it from getting wet but it will keep the jet stream of water from the tires from forcing it's way in. You may also want to try a little bit of silicone sealer when you assemble the light housing.

T
I tried that on the ones I have in there presently, I put silicon along the perimeter of the housing where the gasket sits and then also the massive hole they have where the wires feed into the housing. This last batch did fine in the big rains we got in the fall but started again now that its been -10 and below. At this point I would just like to find a replacement light that fits in that space so I can get rid of these, when I googled around the first time it happened and it appears to be semi-common amongst the various Jeep forums.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump
Old 12-23-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Merry Christmas

I know there is at least one light out there as I came across it on the forums here a few weeks before I made the thread. Can't find it for the life of me though
Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Merry Christmas

I know there is at least one light out there as I came across it on the forums here a few weeks before I made the thread. Can't find it for the life of me though
Found the picture, turns out it was in the most obvious place... Here is a link to it https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...1/#post3640916

Poster hasn't replied in the thread and hasn't replied to PM either.

Quick Reply: Marker lights that fit into ARB bumper?