Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Manual trans Shift knob install options

Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual trans Shift knob install options

Lots of posts with pictures of replacement shift knobs. Lots about bumps on your forehead when removing the old, but not too many on options for mounting the new knob..

I'd like to avoid the cheap aftermarket style that has the set screw with the trim rim to cover them.. not because of the set screws, but I don't like the feel of the trim ring collar under the knob..

I want a ball shaped shift knob that fits straight on with no collar.. There are lots to choose from but all are screw on. The shift lever feels like cold rolled steel and is probably a bitch to thread with a die...

Any companies make something that goes on without the set screws and is a simple ball?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default I'm looking for the various manual tranny shift knobs.

Where are theyy?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why I didn't think of tapping the bar. I thin I'm going to give that a try, cant really see the harm in it.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM
jdk
JK Freak

I bought a B&M T-Handel nob took my stick out and went to a local welding shop. He took the handle found a bolt with the same threads welded it on the stick buffed out his weld and painted it black. Whole thing took 15 min. and cost $5 bucks.Then took it to a friends house that has a break press we spent about 45 min. bending it just right for me,and it works great!!!! Don't be scared to bend it it will take a lot of abuse, mine is almost an S shape and never showed any sign of stress.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

i ended up going with the litegrip knobs from 4wheel parts -main knob went on fine, but i had to drill out the 4x knob.

Quick Reply: Manual trans Shift knob install options