Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Manual trans and programmer?

Old 03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3872 on my 12 manual. And meh.

Maybe a lil better gas mileage. I only have tried 87 tune and noticed nonsofference. Hate the throttle response especially in parking lots. Jeep is too jerky with how hey have it/ I will make it so it is the least responsive setting. I also want to use it to turn my tpms light off
Old 03-12-2015, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have 5.13 gearing and the flashcal on my jk now

Last edited by beezler11; 03-13-2015 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:15 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed a Flashpaq on my 2013 6-speed JKUS. The fist thing I noticed (after the speedo being corrected for my 35's - yay) is the jerky throttle. I keep seeing you guys referring to a throttle response setting capability in the flashpaq. I don't see anything related to throttle sensitivity in the menus on mine, which is a 3872. I'm now thinking that I'd have been better off with simple speedo calibration programmer than this thing. Can someone tell me how to keep the tune, but revert back to a softer throttle? BTW, I've only played with the 7 tune so far. Thanks
Old 06-13-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twmcneilly
I just installed a Flashpaq on my 2013 6-speed JKUS. The fist thing I noticed (after the speedo being corrected for my 35's - yay) is the jerky throttle. I keep seeing you guys referring to a throttle response setting capability in the flashpaq. I don't see anything related to throttle sensitivity in the menus on mine, which is a 3872. I'm now thinking that I'd have been better off with simple speedo calibration programmer than this thing. Can someone tell me how to keep the tune, but revert back to a softer throttle? BTW, I've only played with the 7 tune so far. Thanks
Play with the different tunes until you find one that you like. I'm running the 93 octane tune daily, and yes- the throttle is WAY more sensitive... but I like it for road driving. Not 100% sure what the others technically do, but throttle response seems to be more soft with the towing and crawling tunes. All depends on what you're doing. This likely wont be a 1 tune, and let it rot in a drawer type of thing... tune it as your conditions change.
If that doesn't work for you.. maybe you have to look at a more high-end customizable tuner?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Yeti836
Play with the different tunes until you find one that you like. I'm running the 93 octane tune daily, and yes- the throttle is WAY more sensitive... but I like it for road driving. Not 100% sure what the others technically do, but throttle response seems to be more soft with the towing and crawling tunes. All depends on what you're doing. This likely wont be a 1 tune, and let it rot in a drawer type of thing... tune it as your conditions change. If that doesn't work for you.. maybe you have to look at a more high-end customizable tuner?

I am hating mine more and more

I adjusted the throttle sensitivity to "moderate" which did help. The issue is everyone I hit a small
Bump the pedal goes in a bit and vroom jerky.

Maybe they work on autos but they really gotta put time and money into the manual bump
Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I want to try the "crawling" sensitivity option and have other benefits of tuner.

It's a cheap way they make people feel like they are getting more power, and I think it is silly.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

typo.

Last edited by Kalitri35; 06-13-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dalearyous
i have the flashpaq 3872 tuner on my 6 speed manual 2013 JKUR. i think it is more beneficial or automatics. however, it is very useful to doing things like correcting the speedometer, changing the TPMS settings, setting fog lights to run even when brights are turned on, you can use lockers in 4 HI, i could go on and on. there is also a throttle/pedal response. if you put this on the tune setting your jeep will become VERY aggressive. i have mine set on the lowest setting because i could not coast anymore without the jeep wanting to buck forward. they also have preset tunes like there is one called crawl tune. i have no idea what it does though
I went with the Diablo sport when I had a 08' 6 speed and the crawl setting kept the engine going no matter what on the trails. some times due to the under powered 3.8, I would stall out going up trails or trying to slowly navigate an obstacle but from the first day I used the crawl setting, I never stalled again. like you said, I dunno exactly know what it does for the actual vehicle and all the technicalities but it definitely improved the responsiveness under heavy load and it kept me rolling through on every trail
Old 06-14-2015, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twmcneilly
Go into your custom tune menu and set the throttle response to stock. You can still run the performance tune, just w/o the added throttle response.
It's my understanding that the 6-speeds don't do well to the added throttle response.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bfschor
Go into your custom tune menu and set the throttle response to stock. You can still run the performance tune, just w/o the added throttle response. It's my understanding that the 6-speeds don't do well to the added throttle response.
I went with the setting I believed to be below stock- but now am wondering if there is a moderate and stock. Does anyone know what the options for the settings are? Stock, ..., ....

I had three options I remember and did the one that sounded the mildest. May have been called "mild"

Quick Reply: Manual trans and programmer?