Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Manual Trans Issues after 1" BL

Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Everything worked well for a few days. Then I started having issues with 3 and 5. I am hoping this is only a boot issue and I can fine tune it. Hoping to look at it tomorrow. Will post an update later.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Doh

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
Update: Everything worked well for a few days. Then I started having issues with 3 and 5. I am hoping this is only a boot issue and I can fine tune it. Hoping to look at it tomorrow. Will post an update later.
Let us know. I'm still on the boarder about the body lift...
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Adjustments

Got a chance to look at the shifter problem toady. Ironically the fix for the initial problem before the shift adapter was to zip tie the shifter boot down. Now it looks like I need to zip tie the shifter boot up (after I adjusted the inner shifter boot to seat better around the adapter). Ran out of regular size zip ties today while trying to get it figured out. Won't get to the store for a few days to get more zip ties, but will post with pix when I do.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

So the zip ties were a no go. When I zip tied the boot up enough to stop pulling out of 1,3,5 it was to tight for 2,4,6. This is ridiculous. I also discovered the replacement inner boot from the dealership didn't go in as straight as the original. After rotating it a little it was better, but still not good.

I've decided to leave the lift on until I do my AEV 4.5" lift this summer. In the meantime I spliced the shifter boot down the collar so I can easily move it up and down while driving. I also just hate the bumper gaps with the body lift and will be happier when they are gone.

Looking back the body lift was a bad choice for me. Not only because it didn't work but it was just a quick fix while I wait to do my AEV. If you have a BL and it works and you like it, great. From my perspective if you have a 6 speed don't waste your time. There are other option for a few more inches of tire clearance that don't mess with the transmission geometry.

Just my .02
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1245439922.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	139870   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-698268648.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	139871  

Last edited by BadPunkin; 03-20-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Good to know. I was debating on doing a bb but with your issues I prob won't now since I have a manual

Quick Reply: Manual Trans Issues after 1" BL