Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mammoth 3.5" Extreme duty lift kit 4 door??

Old 04-10-2014, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth 3.5" Extreme duty lift kit 4 door??

Been looking heavily into a lift kit and was leaning towards AEV 2.5" dualsport xt but was wanting the AEV 3.5 but don't want to go and spend more $ to get the slimmer drive shaft it suggests and then I stumbled across this mammoth 3.5 in Extreme Terrain's spring 2014 magazine. Was just curious what your guys thoughts are and if anyone has run a mammoth lift or should I stick with the AEV 2. 5" lift? Would most likely be running BFG All terrain t/a LT 315/75R16/D on mammoth beadlock 16x8 with 4.50 backspacing. Any input would be awesome as this is the first lift I'll be doing on my Sahara unlimited.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheap lift that's missing a lot of key parts needed for a good set up. You will save now but end up spending more in the end. Read "my thoughts on lifts" stickied at the top if you haven't already done so.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Never heard of mammoth and probably for good reason. I love my aev 2.5" lift. It was worth every penny. That and I netted 3+ inches even with my heavy bumpers and skids. You should be able to get a new exhaust piece for a few hundred that fixes the problem rather then getting a new shaft. Aev recommends one because they don't make any exhaust pieces. Check out the link below for an idea of I'm talking about.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17121_0301_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17121_0302.htm

Last edited by blue project; 04-10-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. My gut was telling me to stick with AEV 2.5". Figured I'd check as I've never heard of mammoth lift either.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stick with the AEV. I have the 3.5" and am still amazed at how good it is.

I learned the hard way by going with a cheap lift the first time - it was a waste of time, money and was not safe - spent it once and be done with it.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
Never heard of mammoth and probably for good reason. I love my aev 2.5" lift. It was worth every penny. That and I netted 3+ inches even with my heavy bumpers and skids. You should be able to get a new exhaust piece for a few hundred that fixes the problem rather then getting a new shaft. Aev recommends one because they don't make any exhaust pieces. Check out the link below for an idea of I'm talking about. http://www.quadratec.com/products/17121_0301_07.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/17121_0302.htm
If you go with 3"+, the exhaust loop is an issue....the biggest issue is failure of the rzeppa joint where the driveshaft connects to transfer case. This joint will wear and fail sooner than later.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.

Quick Reply: Mammoth 3.5" Extreme duty lift kit 4 door??