Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mamba MR1 rims are in fact hubcentric !!!???

Old 01-08-2011, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba MR1 rims are in fact hubcentric !!!???

Ok, so I am in the market for new wheels/tires. I am really liking the Mamba MR1's (simple, clean, kind of a stock look. Better offset without running wheel spacers). Anyway - I want it to be CORRECT. So, have been going round and round about hubcentric, lugcentric, etc.

Looks like only AEV, and Rugged Ridge. Just my opinion, but I am not too crazy about any of these. (I know, I know they are a great quality rim, and I am by no means saying they are ugly or anything, I just like a closer to stock look, that's all)

So, long story short - got a quote from discountiredirect (sponser here) And he said that the MR1's ARE in fact hubcentric. So that made me say what the ???? So have been researching all morning, and I did in fact find on the MAMBA website:

Mamba MR1 - Part #MAMR1 - 7876GM+6

17 x 8, 5x5 bolt pattern, +6 offset, 4.75 bs, And........ C.B. (mm) 71.5 ( I am assuming this is center bore?) Which if it is, I am pretty sure is the exact same size as the JK hub?

Does this mean that these wheels are in fact hub centric? Because if so, my decision is done!

any info is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

NO ONE knows if 71.5mm is in fact the correct center bore for our jeeps? Or, more specifically if these wheels are hubcentric because they have that for a center bore? ANYONE????

Would really like to know this, and I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, can you help me out?
Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rims

I've got'em. I don't know about the hubcentric, lugcentric, but I love them!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

If the people selling them say they are hubcentric, they probably are. If they aren't, they you can return them.
Centerbore size is unrelated to being hubcentric.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
Ok, so I am in the market for new wheels/tires. I am really liking the Mamba MR1's (simple, clean, kind of a stock look. Better offset without running wheel spacers). Anyway - I want it to be CORRECT. So, have been going round and round about hubcentric, lugcentric, etc.

Looks like only AEV, and Rugged Ridge. Just my opinion, but I am not too crazy about any of these. (I know, I know they are a great quality rim, and I am by no means saying they are ugly or anything, I just like a closer to stock look, that's all)

So, long story short - got a quote from discountiredirect (sponser here) And he said that the MR1's ARE in fact hubcentric. So that made me say what the ???? So have been researching all morning, and I did in fact find on the MAMBA website:

Mamba MR1 - Part #MAMR1 - 7876GM+6

17 x 8, 5x5 bolt pattern, +6 offset, 4.75 bs, And........ C.B. (mm) 71.5 ( I am assuming this is center bore?) Which if it is, I am pretty sure is the exact same size as the JK hub?

Does this mean that these wheels are in fact hub centric? Because if so, my decision is done!

any info is GREATLY appreciated!!!

From my research, I found there there were very few JK wheels that were hub centric. Mopar, AEV, Rugged Ridge and I think one other manufacturer made hub centric JK wheels, all the rest were lug centric

I also spoke with a rep from Mamba Offroad Alloys before I bought my MR1'a and he confirmed that their wheels ARE NOT hub centric. You can give them a call or send them an e-mail if you want to confirm the specs yourself;

Chicagoland (800) 735-2822
Indianapolis (877) 735-2822
International 00-1-219-947-1735
mail@mambawheels.com

Like I said before, no problems at all with lug centric wheels, you just need to take a little more time torquing them in stages to make sure they're seated properly.

Quick Reply: Mamba MR1 rims are in fact hubcentric !!!???