Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Making sliders, frame or body mount?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renegade
I remember seeing yours when I did a search. I liked how you angled your tubing to follow the body. I was thinking of doing that. If I remember right, you welded yours to the frame right? Any regrets doing that? I was thinking it would be nice and strong that way but wondered if I would ever regret doing it.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4

My leg hurts just looking at that! (nice sliders though)
Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duneslider
Renegade
I remember seeing yours when I did a search. I liked how you angled your tubing to follow the body. I was thinking of doing that. If I remember right, you welded yours to the frame right? Any regrets doing that? I was thinking it would be nice and strong that way but wondered if I would ever regret doing it.
Edit - Sorry I thought you were talking to me. I just couldn't read tonight.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 04-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

won't the body mount types rust out the body
Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

the custome ones were mounted to where the chassis and skid plates meet so im guessing no
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking for a good (and cheap) set of sliders as well. I like the look of some of the custom jobs on here. I am leaning toward body mounted ones just because I don't want to drill new holes in my frame. However, some of these custom jobs look like they use existing holes. Anyone know of a commercially available set that this body mounted using existing holes. Oh and that are cheap. I like the schrockworks but the price when compared with smittybilt
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sliders

probably the cheapest sliders you can find are the rubicon ones. I think they're great . strong and very easy to install. I'm sure thats not what you''re looking for as thats probably the most obvious. (pointless quote I'm trying not to be jk nb anymore)
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duneslider
Renegade
The only downside that I see is that they're not removable or adjustable for a future body lift. Depending on your mounting points at the frame they could also interfere with a future long-arm kit. You could always make other modifications to make it work though. They are definately strong when mounted properly. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Making sliders, frame or body mount?