Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MAKE MY JEEP quicker ?

Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
Just get a drop in performance air filter and replace the muffler. That's going to be about as good as it gets on a 2011 for the time being. The other thing of course is gears although nothing was provided about current tire size or what gears you currently have.
It's still completely stock and prob not gonna change it for a while lol
Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

How do I find out what gears I have
Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

And the overdrive light is always on is that supposed to be like that ?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

O/D light will be on when O/D is off. That keeps it from shifting into 4th gear. Changing the air filter and exhaust will make it louder, but not faster without being able to adjust engine tuning. Changing the gears to something with a higher numerical ratio is the best bang for your buck.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik
O/D light will be on when O/D is off. That keeps it from shifting into 4th gear. Changing the air filter and exhaust will make it louder, but not faster without being able to adjust engine tuning. Changing the gears to something with a higher numerical ratio is the best bang for your buck.
So basically in order to benifit from the intake and exhaust I must have a tune ?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

You buy a jeep to drive over and through stuff other than that everybody else can just go around you. Lol
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CSIERRA
hey whats up guys, i just got a new 2011 70th anni.
im not looking to make this a race car lol , just wanted to increase like the pick up and smoothness of shifts kinda wanted a lil base to go off of . thanks in advance guys - charles
Gears made a world of difference for me. Best 1200 spent ever!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CSIERRA
So basically in order to benifit from the intake and exhaust I must have a tune ?
Not exactly. You probably won't see much of any change on pick up. You have to remember a 2dr JK weighs roughly 4,000 lbs! So seeing a noticeable change takes a lot. Changing gears will help but if you go too high then you'll peel out like a higschool kid in his dad's sports car on prom night, but you'll only be able to get up to 50 on the highway.

I haven't noticed any huge changes from my intake, exhaust, and tuner other than gas mileage. With a Airaid cold air intake and throttle body spacer I went from just over 19 mpg to 25-26 mpg. That's highway of course, city driving still sucked. And that was prior to getting an exhaust or tuner. So there are benefits to certain upgrades even without programming changes. I saw no mpg improvement over the original gain after getting the rest. So an intake is well worth the money and is something anyone can install.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atomthompson
Not exactly. You probably won't see much of any change on pick up. You have to remember a 2dr JK weighs roughly 4,000 lbs! So seeing a noticeable change takes a lot. Changing gears will help but if you go too high then you'll peel out like a higschool kid in his dad's sports car on prom night, but you'll only be able to get up to 50 on the highway.

I haven't noticed any huge changes from my intake, exhaust, and tuner other than gas mileage. With a Airaid cold air intake and throttle body spacer I went from just over 19 mpg to 25-26 mpg. That's highway of course, city driving still sucked. And that was prior to getting an exhaust or tuner. So there are benefits to certain upgrades even without programming changes. I saw no mpg improvement over the original gain after getting the rest. So an intake is well worth the money and is something anyone can install.
Yea I get ya, I understand it's pretty heavy lol that's why I wanted feedback from everybody just to see everybody's different comments about it
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded my 2011 for a 2012... It was my best option.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: MAKE MY JEEP quicker ?