Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Major problem after tire rotation!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Major problem after tire rotation!!!

I rotated my tires the other day after noticing some pretty wicked cupping on my front driver side tire. I take it out on the road and get some hard core death wobble, so I take it to Firestone to have the tires balanced. Long story short, they had a hard time balancing my tires, they have a 2.5 oz policy, and supposedly dont carry the weights they would prefer to use, but they claim to have them balanced within .25 oz of dead on. The wobble is off and on and feels like its coming from the front right. I never had an issue, never, until I rotated the tires. It seems the wobble is brought on when I hit the brakes. I can make it go away if I swerve a little to the left and right, I like to call it "walking it out". My way of making light of an annoying and scary problem. It doesn't do it all the time. It seems there are good days and bad. Where to start? What to check?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Start here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=death+wobble

Helped me resolve my issue.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXFIREMAN
I rotated my tires the other day after noticing some pretty wicked cupping on my front driver side tire. I take it out on the road and get some hard core death wobble, so I take it to Firestone to have the tires balanced. Long story short, they had a hard time balancing my tires, they have a 2.5 oz policy, and supposedly dont carry the weights they would prefer to use, but they claim to have them balanced within .25 oz of dead on. The wobble is off and on and feels like its coming from the front right. I never had an issue, never, until I rotated the tires. It seems the wobble is brought on when I hit the brakes. I can make it go away if I swerve a little to the left and right, I like to call it "walking it out". My way of making light of an annoying and scary problem. It doesn't do it all the time. It seems there are good days and bad. Where to start? What to check?
Heres what you need:

ht tp://centramatic.com/Home.aspx

Questions??? Ask me. It worked for me. No I don't work for them just a happy customer!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Robar; 11-15-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non sponsor links
Old 11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to take your tires to a place that can PROPERLY balance them and put the correct amount of weight on. You cannot simply rotate your tires yourself each time and expect them to work right. I throw weights like crazy on my 35s and they MUST BE rebalanced correctly every single time you rotate.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aermotor
You need to take your tires to a place that can PROPERLY balance them and put the correct amount of weight on. You cannot simply rotate your tires yourself each time and expect them to work right. I throw weights like crazy on my 35s and they MUST BE rebalanced correctly every single time you rotate.
Good to know! I Have been rotating myself.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Freak

(Last edited by Robar; Yesterday at 10:48 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non sponsor links)

Usually it works. Most of the time it does work when I copy and paste but I guess not this time. Its still good info.

WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

Last edited by Dirty Dog; 11-16-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aermotor
I rotate the tires myself on all my vehicles. Been doing it a long time. The only effects that I have noticed is "longer tire life".
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
I rotate the tires myself on all my vehicles. Been doing it a long time. The only effects that I have noticed is "longer tire life".
Do you do it at home? You just swap 'em?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
Do you do it at home? You just swap 'em?
Yep, right in front of the house. Tires do not go bad by simply swapping them around. But a bad tire on the back is not as noticeable as a bad tire on the front.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Yep, right in front of the house. Tires do not go bad by simply swapping them around. But a bad tire on the back is not as noticeable as a bad tire on the front.
ahhh...i'm going to try it out. thx bro!

Quick Reply: Major problem after tire rotation!!!