Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MAGNUM SQUARE Blind Spot Mirrors - OEM Look..ish...

Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, it looks you glued way too many things to your JK:-)

Anyhow, are there any original size convex mirros for JK? For example in LHD cars for passenger side? If so, you could swap just the glass from the LHD model to RHD and vice versa.

Also some time ago I read about a guy inventing/producing flat mirrors with convex properties. Not sure where did this end though...
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put small square convex stick on mirrors on my stock mirrors to view the blind spot. Not sure the convex mirrors need to be that big... Oh and mine is an RHD postal version here in the US... Blind spots are different compared to LHD
Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Former Member

What about mounting them to the bottom of the mirror I think it would look better that way
Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PET77
Man, it looks you glued way too many things to your JK:-)

Anyhow, are there any original size convex mirros for JK? For example in LHD cars for passenger side? If so, you could swap just the glass from the LHD model to RHD and vice versa.

Also some time ago I read about a guy inventing/producing flat mirrors with convex properties. Not sure where did this end though...
Not sure, TBH. The flat convex mirrors were invented by a guy called Hickes but I don't think they're yet in production. I don't think in the UK you can have convex mirrors as stock, only supplementary, though I could be wrong.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Benm1020
What about mounting them to the bottom of the mirror I think it would look better that way
I thought about that, too. However, here's my answer! Same mirrors but half as tall!! I do like these ones. Obviously not quite the same coverage but they're quite unobtrusive and don't look goofy, either. Most importantly they don't block my side vision.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCRD
Scoop is the Wild Boar. Helps with cooling some. On the A pillars are Truck Master Drip Rails to stop me getting a lap full of water when it rains.
Helps with cooling what? That vent is the intake to the climate control system, closed off from the engine compartment.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Helps with cooling what? That vent is the intake to the climate control system, closed off from the engine compartment.
I don't have climate control so I just told it to concentrate on cooling my engine... which is a diesel and doesn't really need cooling but hey, ho... :p

Last edited by UKCRD; 03-27-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Here's a couple more pics of what these lower profile versions look like in place:

Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the part number of those lower profile mirrors? I would like to look into a pair of those. I currently have small round ones that don't give that great a view.

Cheers
Old 03-30-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
What is the part number of those lower profile mirrors? I would like to look into a pair of those. I currently have small round ones that don't give that great a view.

Cheers
Here ya go:

Amazon.com: Camco 25633 5" x 1-3/4" Xtra View Mirror: Automotive

Quick Reply: MAGNUM SQUARE Blind Spot Mirrors - OEM Look..ish...