Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MAGNUM SQUARE Blind Spot Mirrors - OEM Look..ish...

Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAGNUM SQUARE Blind Spot Mirrors - OEM Look..ish...

I need blind spot mirrors on my JK and when looking for the best set I knew this was never likely to be a beautifying mod... I'm all for function over form so my first and foremost goal was to find the mirrors with the best coverage. After a couple of evenings of reading online I homed in on the Magnum range. Magnum produce blind spot mirrors for trucks and buses and also supply them at source to the police and emergency services here in the UK, so they ought to be decent. Fortunately, the UK distributor had their office just up the road from me so I stopped off there this morning and picked a set up. There were two realistic choices for the JK. Frog Eye or Square. The FEs were much lower profile but had a shiny plastic back. They would have been fine but upon testing the Squares, which give the ultimate coverage of the two, the latter actually looked almost OEM as they are really like mini versions of the stock mirrors. OK, they're maybe not beautiful but the coverage is brilliant, they're well made and once mounted they're not going anywhere. Here's a few pics:

Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are a little too ugly for me.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you now need cameras to cover the blind spots created by the mirrors.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad. Thanks for posting. I am going to look at a set of those for my Chevy Express work van.
Your JK is very nice. What is that part running up your A-pillar need the window shades? Also, that cowl vent scoop? It's looks pretty cool. Does it help with anything and where did you get it?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just noticed that antenna. What is it for?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dryver
Looks like you now need cameras to cover the blind spots created by the mirrors.
LOL! Already got on board cameras.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Not bad. Thanks for posting. I am going to look at a set of those for my Chevy Express work van. Your JK is very nice. What is that part running up your A-pillar need the window shades? Also, that cowl vent scoop? It's looks pretty cool. Does it help with anything and where did you get it?
Scoop is the Wild Boar. Helps with cooling some. On the A pillars are Truck Master Drip Rails to stop me getting a lap full of water when it rains.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
just noticed that antenna. What is it for?
That's the DAB radio antenna.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Armergedon007
Those are a little too ugly for me.
Yeah, they're a tad taller than I'd prefer. I have a shorter pair on their way that are US made (Camco 25633). I'll try those, too and if they offer a similar coverage I may go with those, instead. We'll see but these are pretty good having used them all day today. In fact, they're so good that they almost make the stock side mirrors redundant and I found myself just looking in these.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 PM
JK Freak

Right, a couple of days using these on the road and the main problem is the visibility they remove from the area they sit. They're a tad tall and probably too big for a Jeep. I have the second set arriving today which I'm hoping will solve that problem.

On the plus side, they do exactly what I want with my rear vision. I no longer have to turn my head 150 degrees to check the fast lane before pulling out.

Quick Reply: MAGNUM SQUARE Blind Spot Mirrors - OEM Look..ish...