Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Magnaflow Muffler Installed, Sounds Great!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow Muffler Installed, Sounds Great!

Just got a Magnaflow part number 12646, 6" Round / 2.5" Center Inlet / 2.5" Center Outlet / 18" Body Length / 24" Overall Length muffler installed. It has a very nice mellow sound, not loud, but not whisper quiet like the stock muffler. Absolutely no drone on the highway. The muffler shop did an excellent job. Sorry for the poor quality pics, all I had with me was my camera phone. I plan on painting the muffler and tip with some BBQ Black paint so it will blend in with everything. I love the way they did my tip.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Very nice, I've been thinking about going the same route myself.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh, yeah, how much? I'm sure somebody else would be asking soon anyway!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a way to just remove the stock muffler and replace with the Magnaflow without rearranging everything?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

thats sweet! i love magnaflow
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fraynes1
Is there a way to just remove the stock muffler and replace with the Magnaflow without rearranging everything?

I think if someone came out with one they would sell tons of them. It's kind of a shame to have to replace a factory SS exhaust pipe with an aftermarket one that's aluminized steel (I know some aftermarket are SS).

I think someone should make the two bends needed after the rear axle in SS and let people pick there own muffler. I would think these would be the same for both the 4dr and 2dr. I'd be one of the first to buy them.

Last edited by chvynova; 03-02-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Oh, yeah, how much? I'm sure somebody else would be asking soon anyway!
Well I know the owner of the exhaust shop, so it would be a price that wouldn't do anybody here any good.

The muffler is about $70-80 including shipping on ebay. You can probably figure taking your muffler in and having this done in 30 minutes time, for a total cost of about $150-200 including the muffler you buy off ebay. I guess it depends on how much your muffler shop charges you, which can vary a LOT depending on where you live, so you might shop around before you commit to a place to have it done.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fraynes1
I'm sure it could be done if you wanted it that way, but it would cost more due to having to fab more mandrel bends.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

the gibson catback replaces the part of the exhaust that runs over the axle, the muffler(and keeps it in the stock position), and the part that runs out of the muffler and the tip. Fits super nice and really easy to install. Sounds really good for a v6 and doesnt drone either.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

nice exaust. you must be copying my rubi...LOL...all you need now is a lift and bigger tires and we'll have basicly the same rig.

you prob don'nt need it but you may want to try an use the stock heat shield from where the muffler used to be and attach it above the new muffler . it's easy with a couple self driller screws into those two cross members above the muffler. with the round muffler you may not have enough room but if ther is just for the heck of it you may want to try it...here is a link to my post on my exaust incase you hav'nt seen it yet. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/magnaflow-exaust-2854/

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Muffler Installed, Sounds Great!